Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Walker
United Kingdom
HANTS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't watched the TV Show then this will be new to you

I picked this game up for £2 out of a Charity Shop in a mad rush to find Board Game bargains to build up my collection. Needless to say after purchasing it I began to be more specific with games I wanted to get from Charity Shops

The games is based on the TV of the same name. The idea of the game is similar to a game of golf, score as few points as possible. This is done by giving obscure an answer to a question as possible. For example "Disney Films from 1990 to 2008" would be the question and there are multiple answers. An example of a Pointless answer would be Brother Bear, whereas Aladdin would score you 13, if you chose Little Mermaid out would score 100 because it came out before 1990.

You have 4 main rounds Round 1, Round 2, Head2Head, and Final.
Round 1 can be made of up to 3 parts, so if you're especially bad at this game you could walk away with a maximum of 600 points. Each part of Round 1 you can give up to answers. Some games you may agree to stay true to the TV show and only give one, but that's up to you.
Round 2 sees you being provided answers and you've to pick the lowest scoring one, but be warned there is always a pointless answer per Pass, but there is also at least one wrong answer.
Round 3 is the Head2Head, like round 1 just pick the lowest scoring answer, the first to 5 wins takes the round.
Now on the road to the final round you earn pointless tokens for Pointless answers and winning rounds. The players with the most go through to the final. If you are winning you get 3 answers for the final question, and everyone else in the final get's 2

It's a game that is only fun if there is nothing else to do. To be fair it could've done without the board as it's only there to visually show someone their score. The board part of this game really is a waste of time and not needed.

It's not a game I will recommend, unless obscure trivia games are your cup of tea. The die hard Trivial Pursuit fan will enjoy the chance to try out a different way to flex their general knowledge muscles.

If you're bored and feel like playing this game, I recommend just finding an episode of the TV show on catch up, or YouTube. It'll be more entertaining

5 Stars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.