Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Raiders of the North Sea: Fields of Fame» Forums » General

Subject: Too little or no Jarls on setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rolando
msg tools
mb
With Fields of Fame and Hall of Heroes all mixed together with the base game, there is a lot more in the bag (literally) during setup. It is possible to draw very few to none of the 12 Jarls during setup. If that is the case, do you redraw? Or use another method to place them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you are not adding the 5 new gold resources to the bag. They are removed at the beginning of the game. Otherwise all that's being added is the 12 jarl pieces and 3 new locations that need 11 resources in total
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mb
chris0zz wrote:
Make sure you are not adding the 5 new gold resources to the bag. They are removed at the beginning of the game. Otherwise all that's being added is the 12 jarl pieces and 3 new locations that need 11 resources in total


Isn't there all the mead from Hall of Heroes too? And where does it say to remove the 5 gold pieces?

Thanks for your reply.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Step 4 in setup in Hall of Heroes.

4. Before placing any Plunder or Valkyrie on the raiding
spaces, place all Mead and 5 Gold in the Main Supply.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mead isnt put in the bag either, you get it from visiting the Mead Hall and selecting a worker.

Hall of Heroes Rule book page 3:

Setup:

Quote:
4. Before placing any Plunder or Valkyrie on the raiding
spaces, place all Mead and 5 Gold in the Main Supply
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Step 4 in setup in Hall of Heroes.

4. Before placing any Plunder or Valkyrie on the raiding
spaces, place all Mead and 5 Gold in the Main Supply.


Ninja'd me there Jack!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja

Incidentally, my soccer nickname was the Portuguese Ninja.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mb
senorcoo wrote:
Step 4 in setup in Hall of Heroes.

4. Before placing any Plunder or Valkyrie on the raiding
spaces, place all Mead and 5 Gold in the Main Supply.


OHHHHH!!!!...woops. I've been placing all Mead and 5 gold pieces IN THE BAG. Thanks guys!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mb
Decar wrote:
Mead isnt put in the bag either, you get it from visiting the Mead Hall and selecting a worker.

Hall of Heroes Rule book page 3:

Setup:

Quote:
4. Before placing any Plunder or Valkyrie on the raiding
spaces, place all Mead and 5 Gold in the Main Supply


No wonder I've had an abundance of liquid courage!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Could have been worse, you might have put jarls in the mead hall!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:
Could have been worse, you might have put jarls in the mead hall!


That's where we go once we've won!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mb
Decar wrote:
Could have been worse, you might have put jarls in the mead hall!


Would make an interesting variant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.