Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myladies, Gentlemen,

Welcome to the 24 hour contest April 2018.
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

We still have got supporters!
Standing ovations for

Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb

who offered to tip 10 for the winner of a month's contest.

Also

Nancy Hutchins
United States
Harvard
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

donated 1000 to be tipped in steps of 100 beginning from March 2018 through December 2018! YAY!

And many thanks to

Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

who offered 10 for each contest from September 2017 - September 2018!

And due to a most generous tip by

michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
designer
playtesthub.firebaseapp.com
badge
patreon.com/theTrueMikeBrown
mbmbmbmbmb

you can win 20 from February 2018 up to March 2020!!!

And we've got a microbadge you can buy, if you want to show the world, that you participated in the 24 hour contest:

24 Hour Contest participant

Thanks to

'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

for creating the badge!

So, for this month 130 have been tipped! YAY!

Easter has been celebrated around here ..
For some reason, at Easter there is a bunny hopping around, hiding eggs ..

So, this month's requirement is:

Egg

As simple as that!

Remember: The requirement is just a requirement - not necessarily a theme! It's up to you, how you involve it in your game!
(Bonus points for totally not including Han in your game ...)

Happy designing and kind regards,
Kai

p.s.:

In the behaviour rules (see link to basic rules thread above) I've written:
Quote:
Please create a second posting in that thread to present your creation.

Please do present your game along with a short description in a posting. The reason I ask you to do this is simple: Creating geeklist entries becomes easier for me because from time to time copy-n-pasting from PDFs produces unexpected results (such as copying only odd symbols into the clipboard ..)
Thanks a lot

And if you'd like to spread the word of this contest, feel free to tweet about it:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I'll have to think about this one... nothing comes immediately to mind like last month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I'm most likely in, but it'll have to be later in the month... Too many moving pieces right now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Hmm... I'll have to think about this one... nothing comes immediately to mind like last month.

Same, nothing screams at me immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I'm thinking that eggs come in boxes of six (or they do in the UK), so maybe that's a thing.

Rotten eggs?

Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached?

Dinosaur eggs?

I'm kinda thinking of a dumb, Russian Roulette thing with one rotten egg, or something like that.

No idea if I'll have time to do it this month, but I'll see if I can plan a free day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I immediately thought of a Chicken.

Which leads to a question of which came first:

Thought Chicken or the Egg Contest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polyobsessive wrote:
Hmm, I'm thinking that eggs come in boxes of six (or they do in the UK), so maybe that's a thing.

In the US I've seen sizes of:

Depends on where you buy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going the route of fantasy - like having Roc eggs be a quest item or rotten basilisk eggs as a weapon to be shot out of a goblin slingshot.

Then I thought Easter Eggs in the video game sense, of having something hidden within the game and having a bonus for finding the Easter Egg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Buchanan
China
Shenyang
Liaoning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually have an rough idea for the first time in... what... two years. Now to see if I have time this month (and indeed if I can remember enough after I finish my working day).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh hai!

adularia25 wrote:
basilisk eggs as a weapon to be shot out of a goblin slingshot.

I can has, pweaze?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
Oh hai!

adularia25 wrote:
basilisk eggs as a weapon to be shot out of a goblin slingshot.

I can has, pweaze?

Go ahead! Feel free to take any ideas I toss out and use them! I certainly don't mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
badge
The Evil... The Chaotic... The Wallaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was little we made a mancala from an egg carton. It was one of my first board games. I'd rather not design based on a Holiday, so I'm going to bow out gracefully, but I would have considered trying this month. That's okay, I built my 24 hour game already this month, before there was a contest posted, so I've got it done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coldron
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... first thought is some sort of solo or 2p co-op game where you are a pair of birds (maybe peregrines) trying to hatch a clutch of eggs. You'd have to devote enough time to hunting for food, chasing off predators and sitting on the eggs.

Second thought: maybe this can be a race game in which each player is a sperm... (Incidentally, I wonder if a spermeeple is a thing already. If it is, I'm definitely going to try and get some.)

If either of these ideas develops into something more then I'll give it a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Karvounis
Greece
Moschato
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking FISH EGGS, what's unique about them is their huge amounts...there's something there, so many ideas...maybe guessing large numbers? maybe fishes laying eggs VS predators?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, couldn't help myself :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
My initial thought about an Egg game was this old soviet handheld game:

Maybe a solo game to get the highest score? Maybe a 2-player duel game where one player catches eggs and the other throws them down? Hum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, I am going to have to go for it this month. I have an idea for an egg-based Russian Roulette game with bluffing and reading, that is bouncing around in my head, wanting to get out.

The problem is that to implement this, I really want to start with a playtest (using quickly hand made components, and preferably with 3 or 4 other people) and then spend the rest of the time making a decent play set and rules. So I need to find a time where that is plausible, which might actually be awkward this month, just because of how life is shaping up.

Hopefully I'll get it sorted before time runs out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I sometimes think about what the requirement word is in other languages, particularly German since Kai is German. The German word for egg is Ei, pronounced like the English aye, so I've decided to make a pirate game called "Ei Ei Captain".

Starting now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ei Ei Captain

A solitaire dice game of looting ships and finding buried treasure.

Gamesheet
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VpE2Sjz7Tv7kDGImutnggCwY4e...

Rules
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b68D-F6jgGUIWtP1xo7PQNuog8...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to go out for the last couple of hours of the 24, so didn't have time to proofread the rules. I've read through them now. A few lines could be improved for clarity and there's a minor typo. The worst thing is that the arrows on the diagram for the movement example have "slipped" up a row. Not too bad though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Black
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Discover the Fun
badge
mbmbmb
Mad Egg Scramble

My entry for this month's 24 hour game contest is called Mad Egg Scramble.
It is a fast playing smash up derby for two players and 4 very-worried eggs. You'll crack up laughing, but be careful that the yolk's not on you when the hash settles.

I took the title of the contest pretty literally so the whole concept, play testing, rule book writing, and component creation was done in about 7 hours and besides, it was my co-designer's bed time.

Here is a link to the PnP files...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SuDexMVPxOvdQ_YumLs5...

You will need to provide 2d6 in 2 different colors, and 4 egg tokens. We used Red and Pink as a team, and Blue and Light Blue as a team, but feel free to use any 4 tokens that will be easily recognizable as teams of 2, each with 2 unique members. [see rules].

We used candy.

I may tweak this a little, but outside of a Restoration Games style redo, this is about all there is.

Quick, simple, and hopefully fun.

I would be psyched to answer any questions y'all might have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pearce
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jfeast wrote:
Mad Egg Scramble

My entry for this month's 24 hour game contest is called Mad Egg Scramble.
It is a fast playing smash up derby for two players and 4 very-worried eggs. You'll crack up laughing, but be careful that the yolk's not on you when the hash settles.

I took the title of the contest pretty literally so the whole concept, play testing, rule book writing, and component creation was done in about 7 hours and besides, it was my co-designer's bed time.

Here is a link to the PnP files...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SuDexMVPxOvdQ_YumLs5...

You will need to provide 2d6 in 2 different colors, and 4 egg tokens. We used Red and Pink as a team, and Blue and Light Blue as a team, but feel free to use any 4 tokens that will be easily recognizable as teams of 2, each with 2 unique members. [see rules].

We used candy.

I may tweak this a little, but outside of a Restoration Games style redo, this is about all there is.

Quick, simple, and hopefully fun.

I would be psyched to answer any questions y'all might have.

Need to request access to view your files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Black
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Discover the Fun
badge
mbmbmb
Many thanks.
It should be all set now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I must admit that I have toyed with the 24-hour game creation idea in past months. I have no idea where the following concept came from as I had it on the drive into work today. I thought about it all morning, had a little free time over lunch, and put fingers to keyboard and am submitting my first public game design (with a few non-24-hour ideas in development at home).

I present to you... Scrambled Eggs: A Dexterity Game

Thanks for sponsoring this contest!

B&G

Ever wanted to know what it was like to work for the Easter Bunny the week before Easter? Well, hop to it and pray that you don’t have a bad hare day.

Scrambled Eggs: A Dexterity Game requires a minimum of two players, but is better with more…just bear in mind that it requires real eggs to play, so you might want to get eggs cheep – preferably in multiples of twelve as they are usually cheeper by the dozen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yurgp3hw3zm3cy7/Scrambled%20Eggs%2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
I hope to have the rules (1.5 pages) uploaded soon. Is there a way to do that without dropbox or here on the 'Geek?

There is no way to do it on the 'geek.

If you have g-mail you can upload a .pdf file to Google Drive. Or you could use OneDrive from Microsoft, or any other cloud-based file sharing solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.