Statecraft: The Political Card Game» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Backers Only Updates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angel H.
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I just bought a game about economics so that's my financial planning done.
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered the game instead of backing on KS (I missed the original campaign) and when writing my most recent email to the company about not being sent everything I paid for, I mentioned how angry I was that I was having to read the KS campaign comments and updates to get my information rather than have them actually respond to my emails.

Needless to say, the updates have now gone private so I'm unable to even get information from them this way. This is my shocked face.

Would anyone be so kind as to mail/post the contents of the most recent update so that I can be clued into the happenings that actually impact me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren S
Canada
flag msg tools
No updates since March 30th unfortunately. I received my game in Canada a few weeks ago, perhaps yours is coming soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Syriopoulos
msg tools
mbmb
I also ordered the core game plus all expansions at the SubTerra pledge manager. Got the core game but none of the expansions, sent several emails to ITB (also on Kickstarter) but they didn't seem to bother to reply.

I guess they made the decision to not back anything from them in the future really easy to make...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Blenkharn
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
NewSpeak, Coming to Kickstarter 23rd January 2018
badge
What's your reality?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey - I'm not sure why the update was set to backers-only, this shouldn't have been the case.

I'll pop the update into a geekpost here somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Blenkharn
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
NewSpeak, Coming to Kickstarter 23rd January 2018
badge
What's your reality?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey - very sorry about this.

Frustratingly another problem from using GamesQuest. They've completely screwed up the already very long project fulfillment stage, though I take responsibility for it taking this long in the first place. They've assured me that they're fixing it and are sending out all the expansions that people ordered, as a separate package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Syriopoulos
msg tools
mbmb
peetreeblinky wrote:
Hey - very sorry about this.

Frustratingly another problem from using GamesQuest. They've completely screwed up the already very long project fulfillment stage, though I take responsibility for it taking this long in the first place. They've assured me that they're fixing it and are sending out all the expansions that people ordered, as a separate package.

Well it seems that once again you got disproved by GamesQuest or by yourself. It's been over 3 months now that i am trying to sort this mess out with GQ claiming in their last response just yesterday, that the missing items were never on the list that you sent them to dispatch to me (even though i have repeatedly sent them the pledge manager order receipt) and referring the matter to ITB which doesn't seem to bother with a response to any of the emails i have sent over this time to all known addresses (including support@itbboardgames.com).

I am sorry to say that, either you are grossly misinformed by your shipping partner or you (ITB) are misinforming all the backers (and it seems there are quite few out there) who have not yet got what they pledged for, probably in the hope that they will get tired of sending emails to which they get no answer and accept that their money has gone done the drain....

Either way it's really sad.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel H.
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I just bought a game about economics so that's my financial planning done.
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine my surprise when my emails began bouncing back to me as undeliverable. I've been unable to contact ITB directly for a number of months regarding the partial delivery I've received since this original post. I just want a refund for the missing portion. It's very clear it is missing. I paid for it, I have a receipt for it, and it isn't listed on the shipping manifest. That's not a GamesQuest issue. That's all I've requested for some time in very polite ways (a genetic Canadian trait) from ITB.

Given the total silence on the Kickstarter page despite international backers still reporting incomplete or entirely missing games along with no responses to emails stopping right around February (sounds familiar), coupled with the same excuses that were being peddled last year for Statecraft backers/pre-order purchasers now rolling out for the SubTerra backers who seem to have no problems so far getting responses on their campaign page, I don't foresee resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathryn D
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How odd. I backed Sub Terra but not Statecraft. As a U.S. backer all was well with my order (isn’t that how it always is with U.S. backers). I’ve found it odd how insistent they are on making things right in their updates though. It has raised caution bells with me. Too quick to have the first word in my opinion I hadn’t seen anything worth complaining about but a lot of promises to make everything right which just feels like a cover up. Add to it the same peace package seems to have fallen off the radar lately which makes me wonder the whole story. Sorry your missing stuff and I hope you get a great resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.