9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Side Scenario will be gone forever if I miss? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Auto Au
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some main scenario will be blocked forever in a campaign, but I see some side scenario in the other option in many events. So I am wondering if they will be forever locked in this campaign.

Will there be other ways to unlock these side scenarios? Spoiler is welcome.

On a side note, should I start a whole new party just to stack negative reputation for the other new class? spoiler is welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
About the side scenario: I am not 100% sure because I have not seen all the game yet, but I am quite confident that the scenarios are lost if you don't unlock them through the event. Maybe some scenarios can be unlock in different ways, but the majority relates to only 1 event.

Sun and moon class: don't worry about reputation, these classes can also be unlocked through personal goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hehaheho wrote:
I know some main scenario will be blocked forever in a campaign, but I see some side scenario in the other option in many events. So I am wondering if they will be forever locked in this campaign.

Will there be other ways to unlock these side scenarios? Spoiler is welcome.

On a side note, should I start a whole new party just to stack negative reputation for the other new class? spoiler is welcome.

Actually no scenario is blocked forever in GH. You can play any unlocked scenario in casual mode regardless on its prerequisities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilGreenfly wrote:
Actually no scenario is blocked forever in GH. You can play any unlocked scenario in casual mode regardless on its prerequisities.

Yeah, unlocked scenarios. If you don't unlock them, you technically can't play them, and there are plenty of ways to not unlock scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
PhilGreenfly wrote:

Yeah, unlocked scenarios. If you don't unlock them, you technically can't play them, and there are plenty of ways to not unlock scenarios.

In this meaning of "unlocked" you are right. There are really a lot of ways to not unlock certain scenarios. And if you don't unlock them, weel, you cannot play them, naturally. If your decision on a particular road / city event makes the card to be removed from the game without unlocking the scenario by the other option (for example), unless there is other means of unlocking that scenario, it becomes lost to you for this campaign.

I think what the OP meant by "unlocked" was that the scenario is available and its prerequisities are met. My previous post was based on this asssumption. You can still play in casual mode scenarios that were previously listed in "New Locations" section of a scenario or became available due to city / road event or personal goal, but are unavailable (blocked) due to prerequisities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, Phil. However, there are scenarios which you can’t even unlock that you (technically) can never play. For example, if you choose a certain path early on, you’re never going to legally put the sticker for scenario 7 on your map. It’ll never get unlocked. That means there are scenarios that are blocked forever, even in casual mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Agreed, Phil. However, there are scenarios which you can’t even unlock that you (technically) can never play. For example, if you choose a certain path early on, you’re never going to legally put the sticker for scenario 7 on your map. It’ll never get unlocked. That means there are scenarios that are blocked forever, even in casual mode.

Yep, I think we understand each other =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Burns
United Kingdom
Hazlemere, High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have not completed the campaign then there are plenty of other scenarios to choose from, once you complete, then play just play anything you want to for fun, unlocked or not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
ExPat wrote:
If you have not completed the campaign then there are plenty of other scenarios to choose from, once you complete, then play just play anything you want to for fun, unlocked or not...

Or wait for the expansion(s)
Or go outside
Or visit with friends
Or make some friends
Or play other games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.