Memoir '44» Forums » General

Subject: Consolidating Scenarios in One Book rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cesar Duran
United States
California
flag msg tools
I purchased and printed my Airpack pdf along with other scenarios and campaigns that are free and readily available on the DoW website and BGG. I ended up with a total of 221 pages and about 215 of them are scenarios, so plenty of material in one place. I paid $56 to print (all in color), bind, and ship the book from printme1.com. It has a clear plastic cover, sturdy plastic coil binding, and a thick black back cover. This was much cheaper than Staples or FedEx Office, the two other choices where I live, so I wanted to share this in case anyone else out there is looking to do the same. I was able to include the following:

1. Airpack PDF (purchase on DoW website)
2. Equipment Pack Bonus Scenarios (PDF on DoW website)
3. French Open Tournament Booklet (PDF on BGG M44 files)
4. Scenarios from the Front Volume 1 (PDF on BGG M44 files)
5. Scenarios from the Front Volume 2 (PDF on BGG M44 files)
6. VE-Day Scenarios (PDF on DoW website)
7. Vercors Campaign (PDF on DoW website)
8. Invasion of Crete Campaign (PDF on DoW website)
9. Audie Murphy Campaign (PDF on DoW website)
10. D-Day Landings Rules (PDF on DoW website)

(The book didn't come with tabs, I added those after)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin hirst
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Re: Consolidating Scenarios in One Book,
Have equally printed all mr whalleys output, jdRommels, most of scenarios from the front, various items from DoW.

All stored in high quality plastic wallets (two pages per wallet), grouped by theatre then by board type, with separate sections for overlord and breakthrough.

And sections for all rule books, badges etc...

If I ever manage to play half of these, will die a happy man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Airfix
United States
US
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow . . . what a great idea.

After purchasing the Air Pack pdf and the Campaign book pdf, I've been looking for an option other than Kinkos. I love your tabs, also. I'll get to work looking for those other pdfs that you and ElkShadow mention.

Also, as a new Memoir Disciple (as of last summer), in addition to copying scenarios I've also been looking for a way to tote this stuff around since the Campaign Bag is out of stock. If you're looking for a solution, I found a nice soft sided bag (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4NHGZP/ref=oh_aui_deta...) that might help if you are looking for a way to transport all of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Duran
United States
California
flag msg tools
I wasn't aware of any Dutch Open scenarios. I'll look those up! Thanks for the heads up. For jdrommel's scenarios, are they on a single pdf or does it need to be done one at a time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
elkshadow wrote:
They are in individual sections and all compiled into one big one.

Edit: I used best value copy and they have a nice little discount for first time orders. I recommend them. Their interface is old school but their print work is nice.

I compared printme1 with bestvaluecopy using the Campaign Book Vol 1 for an example.

Print me: 22.3 total
Best Value: 13.6 print + 17.5 shipping. 31.1 Total.

That is their cheapest shipping quote, which is rough! I didn't factor in the first customer discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Michael Scott. This is awesome. About a year ago I tried to find a way to print these in color and every option was too expensive for me. I'll definitely be taking advantage of this website. Thanks for finding it and posting the pics!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Is there a PDF file of all official scenarios that were not printed/included in the game and expansions?

I appreciate the files Whaley compiled, but if I were to print them it would save money not to reprint already printed scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Nieuwenhuis
Netherlands
Epe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelscott wrote:
I wasn't aware of any Dutch Open scenarios. I'll look those up! Thanks for the heads up. For jdrommel's scenarios, are they on a single pdf or does it need to be done one at a time?

If you play the Dutch open scenarios it adds flavor to see the movies we used to introduce the scenarios also.

Here is the link tot the 2018 page: http://m44brigade.nl/dutch-open-2018/
If you click on Dutch Open in the menu you can find the other years as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fantastic idea. I am definitely going to consider this. Thanks for posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Duran
United States
California
flag msg tools

Son of Beo I used smallpdf.com to merge the separate files into a large single pdf. It does take a while to upload a large file on printme1.com as elkshadow mentioned but it does get there eventually.

Those Dutch Open scenarios and introduction videos are awesome! Very immersive and a great way to learn the history behind each battle. I will definitely be using this resource Thank you for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.