Tommaso Roberto Ceglia
Verrix just launched on Kickstarter(link here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1789960207/verrix?ref=b...), until the 3rd May 2018 and here’s some information of the game:
Verrix is a game for 3-5 players, age 14+ , with a playing time of about 30’ per player.
The players are thrown into the historical background of Britannia in 54 BC and put on the mantles of Kings of competing Celtic tribes.
At the end of the game, the player who collected the most Renown points is the winner.
Verrix is at the same time:
- A management game. Each player can develop their own tribe and trade the goods their produces or raid.
- A strategic game. There are many ways to gain Renown, players can expand their territory, improve their knowledge, go into battle, honor Fire Festivals.
- A historical game. Verrix means King of Kings in ancient Gaelic and the game describes the Celtic culture before the Roman Legions invaded Britannia. During a game, you may learn about religion, day to day life and the traditions of the ancient Celts.
- High interaction between players, both direct and indirect
- Game variability
- Primary: card-driven
- Secondary: deck-building
- Battle system
Each player will lead a tribe with different characteristic, depending on:
- The specific attitude of the chosen tribe for handicraft, trade, mysticism, raiding and fighting
- The starting region
During the game, a player may choose to grow their population, promote a tribesman to leader and add new Action cards to their deck.
The main ways of gaining renown points include playing Action cards that best reflect the focus of your tribe, praying for the favor of the gods, honoring the four main Fire Festivals of the Celtic calendar and fighting legendary battles.
The battle mechanics allow for alliances and reward risk-taking. Winning a battle against a stronger opponent grants you more Renown points, but be careful, a battle between well-balanced forces is also a battle you may lose.