Thunderstone Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Potion of Stamina rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Jackson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
When does this check for the number of cards you have?

Is it at the exact time you choose to activate the ability? Or once you actually try to draw a card?

Here is why the timing question came up. I had a 6 card hand with a potion and a level 3 Linsha. I had a weapon in my discard pile and no cards left in my library. Can I use both abilities this turn, and get both a drawn card and a weapon for Linsha? Or in this situation is it one or the other?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedikt Werner
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The potion checks the number of cards when you use the dungeon ability. You can choose the order in which you use the dungeon abilities but they don't happen simultaneously. So, in this case, I think, you can effectively only do one or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this answer is correct. The conditions are always checked at the time that you use them. So if you used the Linsha to get the weapon, you would now have seven cards, and if you used the potion you would have to reshuffle your deck to draw the card.

You always get to choose the order of Dungeon or Village actions, but they happen independently and sequentially.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jackson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You mean I can’t put the ability “on the stack”? Lol

Thanks for the clarification!

I’ve often wondered whether having played M:tG is a boon or a curse to playing other non-electronic games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Iacobellis
Belgium
Brussels
Bruxelles-Capitale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gcsdewfsj wrote:
I’ve often wondered whether having played M:tG is a boon or a curse to playing other non-electronic games...

Both, I'd say. We tend to really obey the wording as written so if the wording is not 100% rigorous we might not necessarily do what's in the spirit of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.