Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Day
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This project looked pretty good, and i was hoping to follow it. I understand its cancelled, and i would like to offer a suggestion,

when i first saw you presenting it, first thing in my mine that popped up was... they need recessed spots of those buildings so they dont slide around and bump into each other and knock each other over.

it looked very fragile, the blocks anyway. I Think the player boards could be spruced up a bit, but game looked fun.

look forward to a relaunch, hope you consider the recess idea.

thank you,

AG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Kneepkens
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback AG!

We are indeed sprucing up the board a bit and adding some features, so do stay posted.
On the recessed spots... In our first two prototypes we used it, but in our testing it turned out that the blocks themselves are heavy enough not to move/slide/bump. We are considering doing a deluxe version where there is indeed a board with recessed spots, but this would also add significant costs.

Any other feedback is welcome as well of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Kolenbrander
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Really a shame to find out the game got canceled Wanted to back it up this week. Looked like a really nice game, especially the location and the growing 3D gameboard. The board itself could use a restyling. More towards an old, dirty Amsterdam with darker colors and more details. Now it looked to clean and white. Keep me posted as I am looking forward to back-up a newer version (if we all are so lucky when that happens )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Hoogeveen
Drenthe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did some playtesting and a preview for the game (here) and the need for a recessed board is not something we thought was necessary.

We are looking forward to the relaunch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMC
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
This game was mentioned in the recent geeklist about out of print games in reference to Big Boss.

Not sure about the reason behind the cancellation of the first KS campaign, but I have a suggestion and a hope for the future.

Big Boss might not be known to people completely new to the hobby, but for a lot of gamers it's an unattainable grail game. If this game is as solid as Big Boss you definitely want to let fans of Big Boss know about your game. I know for me I never even heard of this game until I saw it mentioned in that geeklist.

Secondly, I read in a preview that the 2p experience was lacking. If that's been resolved then I'm pretty sure I'll back this if it's on KS again.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Kneepkens
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback PMC. We had to cancel the first KS campaign as it didn't gain enough momentum, we simply hadn't built enough of a crowd.

We are currently gearing up for a new push: we've upgraded our artwork, tweeked a few things and added a 2-3 player board on the back of the normal board (instead of having it as a stretchgoal. For the next couple of months we're going to be visiting conventions, clubs and events as well as sending the new prototypes out to a number of previewers in the US and EU..

As for the Big Boss question: the game is inspired by Big Boss and Acquire. We've found that the Big Boss fans usually love Chartered and have commented that it has the same feel to it but fixes some of the issues Big Boss has. Plus Big Boss isn't great with 2 players, whereas Chartered with 2 players is a lot of fun.

We're presenting the new artwork and rulebook this weekend at a Dutch convention and uploading it to BGG afterwards, I'll drop you a line!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.