D-Day Dice (Second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Pledge Manager for Solo Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S C
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm late to the party and just found this game today. Checked the pledge manager because I'm interested but after seeing all the options I'm almost not interested. If I only plan on playing this solo, what do I need to get from the pledge manager to pick up everything I need?

Taking the list from mattpburges' thread, does all of the below still apply for solo play?

1) Sergeant Pledge
2) Airborne in Your Pocket
3) AIYP/DDD mini: Inside The Bunker
4) Way to Hell Expansion
5) D-Day Dice: Overlord
6) Gott Mit Uns mini expansion
(Optional Neoprene Mat, but required maps already in the boxes)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, they all contain content usable in solo play
2) Remember that AIYP is a different game, but Inside the Bunker allows you to combine the 2 games
3) Gott Mit Uns is an expansion to Atlantikwall for the German player. You can play Germany in a solo game, but if you're not interested in that the expansion won't add anything, it adds extra battlefield conditions and extra cards for the German player (which can be you in a solo game)
4) Overlord is aimed at multiplayer, so while usable in solo, the value might disappoint (note that the campaign rules are already included in the sergeant pledge)

Personally I stuck to Sergeant with Way to Hell

Disclaimer: I'm doing this from memory, so I might be misremembering something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wen't backward and forward and in the end because I only play Solo and because I can't guarantee how much table time it will see I opted for just the Sergeant Pledge. (plus I was a backer of AIYP previously so have that added)

Probably doesn't help you much but for me:

3) AIYP/DDD mini: Inside The Bunker - wasn't too interested in playing the two games together so was an easy pass
4) Way to Hell Expansion - was't interested in the run up to the landing
5) D-Day Dice: Overlord - too little value for me as a solo player
6) Gott Mit Uns mini expansion - seriously debated this
(Optional Neoprene Mat, but required maps already in the boxes) - easy pass

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, thanks for the quick feedback! Along with my Sergeant pledge I'm going to add the Gott Mit Uns mini expansion and solo play score book (only $2). The AIYP looks really interesting but I'll probably just wait for retail on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.