Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Walker
United Kingdom
HANTS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know in all the times I've played this game I have never actually checked to see if if Wandsworth Bridge is in the game.

When I first heard about this agme I though it was another version of Cluedo that has you hunting a killer over London. However it is more like the board game version of Hide & Seek.

The game sees one player take the role of Mr X as the player guides Mr X across London to evade the detectives from Scotland Yard. The player who plays as Mr X can use any means of transportation to go where he needs to, however he has to reveal just what his method of transportation was.

The other players control the detectives and depsite being able to use whatever transport they like, have very limited amounts of tickets for each type of transport. What starts as a Co-Op game in the early game gets super competitive in the late game.

The modes of transport in the game are Taxi (Yellow), Bus (Blue), Underground (Red). Taxis are limited to one space of movement at a time, but buses and trains can go to any bus stop or underground station on the board. Mr X can use whatever means he likes but is restricted by the rules. He can't use a taxi to go from one side of the board to the other in 1 turn. Despite the fact that the detectives are limited with their amount of travel tokens, if the game is played with less than the maximum number of players the game provides the players with their very own Constable to move about the board. The Constable acts like a detective but isn't limited by the amount of tickets a detective is, in fact like Mr X they can use what they like without having to worry about running out of movement tokens.

The game essentially plays out like this - Mr X moves, Detectives Move, "Did we find Mr X?" and repeated until Mr X is found. How do the detectives know where Mr X is? Well at certain points throughout the game Mr X has to reveal himself, like a flasher at a bus stop. Using this information the Detectives can narrow down their field of search. However Mr X has a few tricks up his sleeve. He has a minute number of 2x Move tokens, which if the player is smart will use them for times when Mr X will reveal himself. He also has a minute amount of Black tokens which act as Hidden Move tokens or Ferry Tickets. If it's a Hidden Move token that means he could've taken any transport within his reach at the time. These make the job of the detectives more difficult, but these resources are limited so the player who is Mr X has to make sure not to waste them in the early game

All in all the game is quite fun, and is a bit of a rush when the end is in sight and you're trying to shake of the detectives who have managed to start boxing you in. There is quite a tactical element to the game, you have to plan your moves carefully to ensure that you outsmart and out manoeuvre the detectives

I give this game 7 Taxi Tokens out of 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.