Subject: What to do in your turn, out of combat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zsolt bertalan
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We played yesterday the first quest, and I am not sure we got all the important points...
What are your options when its your turn as an Accursed, out of combat?

So far, we found that you can
- move
- open doors (that are then explored in the next round)
- rest (no move, recover stamina)
- search (if there is a chest in your room)
- cast spells/miracles
- use consumables

did we miss something important?

The reason I ask is, because we spent a lot of time just standing around waiting for the next room to be explored and rolling for darkness...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
gorbad6 wrote:
We played yesterday the first quest, and I am not sure we got all the important points...
What are your options when its your turn as an Accursed, out of combat?

So far, we found that you can
- move
- open doors (that are then explored in the next round)
- rest (no move, recover stamina)
- search (if there is a chest in your room)
- cast spells/miracles
- use consumables

did we miss something important?

The reason I ask is, because we spent a lot of time just standing around waiting for the next room to be explored and rolling for darkness...

I think you can trade items and if you have the environment deck interact with that but don't know what else. Can't recall the rule book now, I suppose there isn't a massive of amount of things to do as the dungeon crawling aspect is predominately about fighting? The town phase is really the non-combat meat and bones of the game I am guessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
It can happen that you might get some slower dungeons, depending on how unlucky/lucky your darkness rolls gets.

Usually if you are out of combat though, you just want to speed your way to the next unexplored room (moving twice if necessary), think of it as when you play a game such as Diablo (if you ever did). Don't forget whenever exploring any map tile you also move the darkness marker!

Dungeons with 4 players can take up to a couple of hours as they are, if we started adding extra activities you'd be playing nothing but the same dungeons for 6 hours straight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zsolt bertalan
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MauroP wrote:
It can happen that you might get some slower dungeons, depending on how unlucky/lucky your darkness rolls gets.

I see, thanks. It would have been too much for the first try anyway

MauroP wrote:

... think of it as when you play a game such as Diablo (if you ever did).

Its exactly that feeling, we were looking for in Darklight Looking forward to expansions with more
Spoiler (click to reveal)
set items
! YAY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.