5 Posts

D-Day at Omaha Beach» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification about eligibility to fire in double Hex. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bah Bah
Switzerland
flag msg tools
I have a question I'd like to clarify. I think I have the correct answer but I want to be sure.

The setting is : a double hex (let's say color green) containing a German unit without depth and another with depth.

If none are disrupted, the position will fire with "3" strength if green appears on the fire card, regardless of the fact that it shows a single or double symbol ?

If the depth unit is disrupted, nobody in that hex will fire on a double green symbol ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mb
6.1 AND 6.41 are answers to your questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bah Bah
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Thanks! 6.41 adresses the second question indeed!

I haven't been able to find a precise wording about the total strength that fires in a double hex, but from what I read in the rules, it seems a double hex is considered as a single "unit" so the total strength that fires probably always is the total strength of all undisrupted units (even if one of them couldn't fire due to the double symbol).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
El_Bah wrote:
Thanks! 6.41 adresses the second question indeed!

I haven't been able to find a precise wording about the total strength that fires in a double hex, but from what I read in the rules, it seems a double hex is considered as a single "unit" so the total strength that fires probably always is the total strength of all undisrupted units (even if one of them couldn't fire due to the double symbol).

Your interpretation is correct. A two-hex position is still one position and if it fires, all undisrupted units fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bah Bah
Switzerland
flag msg tools
That's perfect! Thanks a lot for the clarification. I am trying my first non tutorial mission and I'm really having a blast. I love the system and the balance seems really interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.