Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done some Google-fu and have had some luck in finding solid answers for this but if there's something better than what I've found please direct me to the appropriate place.

I just received in Wave 2 The Manhunter and The Flower Knight. Both recommend adding their introductory event to Year 5 when starting a new campaign. Even though it will make Year 5 pretty busy I'm guessing it's fine to do both of those events that year correct?

Beyond those two expansions I plan to continue to expand my collection so I'm trying to figure out a plan for acquiring the expansions while being able to get the most gameplay out of the purchases the quickest.

I know the Node System is not released yet (I think it'll show up with my Gambler's Chest?) but I did find the Node Chart at this website https://stdobby.github.io/kingdomdeath/
It's clearly not complete yet but offers a good general idea for which monsters fit into which nodes.

I also found this forum thread here on BGG https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1703094/which-expansions-pl...
It indicates it's best to use no more than 2 monsters per node and to have no more than 3 expansions added on to a campaign.

So my two basic questions are this:
1) Is it fine to add the Manhunter and Flower Knight intro events both to the same year?
2) Is there anything else I should know regarding the Node System (that we know of yet) when deciding which expansions I should purchase next?

Also if anyone wants to just throw in their recommendations for what expansions I should grab next I'm happy to hear that too. I know Dung Beetle Knight, Gorm, and Sunstalker all seem to be some of the most popular.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It is completely fine to have multiple monsters all having an into even on the same year. All it means is you will have a bunch of story events to resolve in one year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Good
msg tools
As posted above.

And my play group finds it hard to play without the Gorm now. So I would suggest picking it up next.
After that the most value we have gotten is out of the Dragon King.
DBK is nice and an amazing fight but you wont fight him much so just keep that in mind.
But honestly you cant really go wrong with any expansion.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Conotar wrote:

DBK is nice and an amazing fight but you wont fight him much so just keep that in mind.

Aside from "every Lantern Year after LY8 unless there is a Nemesis, Lion God or the occasional Sunstalker thrown in", you mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.