Subject: [Cosmic Mythology] Script 8 (SPOILERS) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Long
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
The following concerns the Victory Conditions box from the Mastermind's Handbook for Cosmic Mythology Script 8:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

This script contains the subplot Whispers of the Deep, which states that the paranoiac has the abilities of the Key Person (i.e. "When this character dies, the Protagonists immediately lose"). Due to the other subplot, this script contains 2 Paranoiacs. Presumably, they would BOTH have the abilities of the Key Person (after all, there's nothing even to say which one "came" from which subplot); yet the Victory Conditions box for the Mastermind in the handbook contains no reference to killing the Nurse (the other Paranoiac).

Is this just an oversight, or is there something deeper at play that I'm missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prairial ledeux
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmb
The_Immortal wrote:

yet the Victory Conditions box for the Mastermind in the handbook contains no reference to killing the Nurse (the other Paranoiac).

Is this just an oversight, or is there something deeper at play that I'm missing here?

Sure, killing the Nurse triggers Protagonists' lose, but showing that 2 characters have the ability of Key Person gives a big hint to Protagonists.
So I think that killing Nurse is not recommended and that's why the handbook contains no reference to kill her.
I don't know what's is said in the English version, but killing Godly Being is recommended and killing Nurse is not in the Japanese booklet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.