United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions in regards to the Machine Guns on an AFV.

1) You can use double range with them as you can do with Support Weapon style Machine Guns (Bow gun at 9 to 16 Hex's, Coaxial 13 to 24 hex's), just at half FP, correct?

2) If an AFV in Motion wants to use any of its MG's at an enemy AFV that has its Crew Exposed, its +2 DRM to Hit for being in Motion and another +2 DRM to Hit for the Crew being fired at getting the Armor Benefit, correct?

Plus any CA changes and other Hindrances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes

2) MG attacks are resolved on the IFT, halved for motion fire, halved again for firing during the movement phase aka bounding fire: Any non-ordnance weapon [EXC: FT; Gyrostabilized CMG vs acquired target] using Bounding (or Bounding First) Fire has its FP halved. You do not roll TH. The enemy crew gains +2 TEM for being in a CE AFV.

A common tactic is to drive into the other vehicles hex, so you get TPBF on your twice halved MG FP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks for the in depth answer on 2. I now see where I misunderstood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually the penalty of Area Fire is applied as +2 for Ordnance and as half power for small arms/MG/... fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.