Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Clemente
United States
Seabrook
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent Steam game, I had a Soviet player play Junta event. He placed the 2 points in a SA country, then tried to coup my US points in Panama. He claimed the game did not allow him to perform the coup, because the coup was in a different region from the placement.

In other words, the coup or realignment must be in the same region as the placement of points.

Is this true?

When I read the text on the card, it does not seem to be saying this.

Specifically, it says "Then you may make a free coup attempt or realignment roll in one of these regions".

I know there are rules experts on this board. Pleas help. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, your quote of the text appears a bit off, but good enough. Yes, you may Coup in either region. You can even take one Realignment roll in each, if you choose. So either a bug or human error — I know which one I’d bet on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clemente
United States
Seabrook
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comment. By the way, I edited the quote and added the word roll after realignment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
You can even take one Realignment roll in each, if you choose.

Source? I’m not sure I agree with this. You get two realignment rolls and can use each in a different country, but my reading of this card suggests that these countries must be in the same region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
dirubin wrote:
You can even take one Realignment roll in each, if you choose.

Source? I’m not sure I agree with this. You get two realignment rolls and can use each in a different country, but my reading of this card suggests that these countries must be in the same region.

Technically you are correct. I'm not sure how many people follow that rule, however, and I've never seen a ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.