Subject: What's new? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited to see more developments in the Gruff games. I've been having fun with Rage of Trolls, and that still seems new to me. So, it catches me a little unprepared for another Gruff addition - an addition I'll gladly make since the size, price, and gameplay value for the gruff series is excellent in my opinion. I haven't been living in the comments section for any of the games, so some of the "Fluttermind" and inside jokes are beyond me, but, just as a game at heart, I like it.
I just thought I'd put up a post and see what folks thought about what's new, what reasons they have for backing (or not) Stuff of Nightmares.
Go shepherds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, new Gruffs and new Shepherds, for a start, which creates new combos, card combination, and increases the replay-value tremendously, not to mention a whole new metagame!

There's a new faction and it's been said that cards will care for the faction you play now, which is a good thing.

There will be a rules revisions as far as trolls are concerned, to make default mode easier, and the Rage rules for solo the hardcore mode.

There will be at least one new Troll, Grumblesnore. Maybe he'll be on the easier side too.

Plus there's a lot of pink, fuschia, and bubblegum green, and that's very new!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mention a new pallet of colors, true!

I was considering the idea of "easy" troll fights. I think I might welcome it, especially at my novice status. But, at the same time, I think I'll be very satisfied if I get o where it feels more like a fair fight at the current level. I like the satisfaction of finally cracking a hard game (looking at you Dark Souls).

I think an easier level of trolls, or a starter level of troll fights, could serve the game very well. Until Gruff takes over the game scene, most of us will start playing Gruff games solo, or a few friends "giving it a try" so something easier will be good. IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Critchfield
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple other things are new as of this set.

Faction specific cards. The faction of a gruff will have a much bigger impact on the game in this set.

Branded Cards. Basically the game includes several pre-constructed decks, which are marked so they are very easy to assemble.

Fluttermind is a goat from the original set that mostly floats around telling people how awesome he is... "All Hail The Fluttermind!"

One thing to consider as well is that while "Rage" is still very new, it will not be by the time this game is manufactured and orders are fulfilled. My guess is that by the end of the year people will be ready to have some new monster goats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.