Hide
6 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: Restarting after death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Neill
msg tools
Hi. I’m about to embark on my 2nd adventure having died not long after leaving ‘tutorial’ scenario. My question is, rather than starting again from scratch can I restart on one of the 3 location specified upon leaving the tutorial? I mean can I start with a full actions deck or even with my crafted items again. Is there any benefit from starting all over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not allowed by the rules - but if it pains you too much to restart I guess you could do that.

By the rules as written if you die you start from scratch, with no items etc, just like you did when you first started. What you have gained is knowledge - which makes covering old ground much quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. This is a coop game so you can do whatever you want to maximize the enjoyment of the game by your group.

2. I always play with the 777 optional card. It allows you to replenish your deck once and keep playing. In 3 campaigns I have only had to use it once. There is no shame in using it, but I do my best to succeed without using it (it is there in case).

3. If you are not too far into the game, restarting from the beginning is not so bad...full deck...you know where to go and what is important. It goes faster than the first time through an area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b c
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mart97829 wrote:
Hi. I’m about to embark on my 2nd adventure having died not long after leaving ‘tutorial’ scenario. My question is, rather than starting again from scratch can I restart on one of the 3 location specified upon leaving the tutorial? I mean can I start with a full actions deck or even with my crafted items again. Is there any benefit from starting all over again.

You can find the official starting location for each curse on the corresponding clue card.

Not 100% sure if understand you but it seems you want to start another curse in one of the starting locations of the crystal curse. You always wanna follow your clues in order to not get lost on the continent, so I wouldn't recommend it.

And yes, when you start a new game (either because you died or have completed a curse), everything is reset. This means you do start with a full action deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they really made a mistake by calling the 777 card easy mode. Honestly it's far better to give yourself the cushion just in case rather then restart over and over. The game is still plenty hard with it there and you may not even use it.

That being said where you died I may just restart. You're barely into the curse at all at that point. Better to refine your skills and arrive at the point you died better equipped for the real game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have died 3 times and always restart from the beginning. I can optimize my moves through the start and land on the continent fully equipped and a full deck, which then also lets me power through to where I left off. If you start on the continent, you’re still going to have to get your items and resources maybe harder to locate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.