Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't long enough to qualify as a review, and I've only played the first two training scenarios, but WOW, this game is fast, easy to learn/play, and FUN. Coming to this after slogging through the first training scenario of Next War: Poland (which I think will be a good game but much more complex to learn/play), this was a breath of fresh air.

The small number of units while simulating entire major actions (fall of Poland/France, and The Longest Day) was amazing. Took out Poland and France in less than an hour, and the Longest Day took about the same amount of time (3 turns including blitz phases from D-Day to the fall of Berlin).

In the Longest Day, I experienced invading France, where the Germans were able to allow only a token force of Paras and Royal Marines to land, then the Allies reinforced during the Blitz phase but couldn't get into Germany, then another turn plus blitz phase of the Allies trying but failing to get into Germany, then on the third turn, the reinforced Allies attacked again, with German jets turning-back American bombers but dying in the process, got into western Germany, and then on the blitz phase finally taking Berlin.

Kudos to the designer for a great game, and for his amazing support here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thank you Jim, enjoy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.