Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo play...choosing ally's ability cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darryl Christensen
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Playing solo do you randomly draw your ally's two ability cards or actually go through them to choose two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Korda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You always get to choose. Solo or multi-player. The only difference is that it is recommended that you play at an increased scenario level when playing multiple characters solo, due to the fact that you know the strategies of each character and can easily coordinate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Christensen
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
evildisc420 wrote:
You always get to choose. Solo or multi-player. The only difference is that it is recommended that you play at an increased scenario level when playing multiple characters solo, due to the fact that you know the strategies of each character and can easily coordinate.

Ok thanks! I was pretty sure that was case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 16 of the rules book has the recommended level settings for solo play. I’ve found them to be pretty tough, so I usually end up dialing them back a notch after a lost scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
the first few scenarios I would recommend to play at normal difficulty, then include the solo bump once you got the rules figured out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tauman
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Interesting idea though... picking random cards from your ally and then doing the best you can with whatever cards he/she played. Doubt i'll ever try it and if I do would def play normal difficulty rather than bumping it up a level, but it is interesting. Probably very frustrating too but might be a nice challenge. Like you're adventuring with a crazy person just randomly doing things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
msg tools
mb
That would be a good boss card ability:

Switch all player cards with one from their hand (does not work if player has no cards in their hand.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.