Subject: area combat, multiple monsters, and courage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen this question before, but I can't find the answer now. If you're in a room with three monsters and you have a weapon that deals area combat, what's the procedure? Is it:

- Lose courage from each of them, then attack (throwing dice once, and resolving them all differently dependent on their armour, etc)
- Lose courage from the one you're aiming at only, and the others are damaged in the same way as above
- Some other way.

If it's the first one, I'd think there was a pretty good chance that the courage loss would make the adventurer flee before they got a shot off. I can't quite understand what should happen here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An "area combat" weapon allows you to attack every creature in your room with one action. First, you must choose if you want to use the "area combat" ability of the weapon, or just attack a single creature. If you choose to do "area combat", you must fight every creature in the room. You attack each creature one at a time, following the normal rules for creature combat (lose courage if a new creature, build dice pool, roll dice, resolve damage).

When doing "area combat" with several new creatures, it's best to attack the weakest creatures first, so you can kill them with one roll and regain some courage before fighting the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.