Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
91 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Did anyone else who ordered from the Petersen Games website for the Marchthulhu sale have their order ship? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Rose
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I ordered from the Petersen Games website on March 21st, and didn't hear anything for over a week so on March 30th I emailed them again and they said orders would be shipping this week. Now it's Friday, and no more news about anything shipping.

Anyone who has ordered from the petersen games website recently or in the past, is this how it usually goes? How long did it take for your orders to ship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vega
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered some stuff on march 23rd here in europe and i I mailed them too. The answer i got was that The orders have been sent to their fulfillment warehouse and should ship any day now...

I think they are just not the fastest! Wouldn´t worry much about that.
Just be patient and prey to Yog Sothoth.goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rose
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Ok great I'm glad to know I'm not alone! Thank you for the reply I'll just be patient and maybe make a sacrifice to Yog
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I put in two orders in the hour after the sale began. Nothing’s shipped yet. I’ve sent two emails a week apart asking for an estimate of when they will ship, and both times I was told the orders would ship “shortly” and to expect an email with tracking info when they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Nothing has shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered on March 21st, received no updates. Seems like nothing is moving yet, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered on March 21st. Sent a support email on Thursday and was told it would ship “soon”.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mb
ordered on 3 of april from eu website, still processing too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed a small order on the 29th of March and haven't heard anything yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mb
6 days ago they reply on e-mail.
Only info about shipping from Petersen Games:

"Dear Backer,

We know there is a delay in shipping with our Marchthulhu event, these products will be shipping shortly.

We are sorry for the delay.

You will be receiving an email when the product has shipped with the tracking information.

Thank you for your patients

James F"

Oh, they are really slow, still waiting for shippment email.
Patients to everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ridley Bojangles
United States
Cape Elizabeth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing here, not even a reply to my email last week.

Customer service level: crap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to say I'm in the same boat here. Wife almost bought me Cthulhu Wars from a local game store, but I'd already spent SOOOOO much money there, I told her I could grab it via that sale and save 50 bucks...

Psssshhhhh.... silly me..... should have given the money to the FLGS! I've still no idea when it's shipping, and it was bought for me as a birthday gift in March...lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems pretty standard for PG. They are never in a rush to get products out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rose
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Yeah, I have to say this is driving me crazy at this point. Its been over a month now since I ordered, and all I have from them are a few emails assuring me the orders I placed will ship "any day now". I feel deceived, if they didn't have the products in hand to ship, they should warn customers that the items are out of stock. I love the game but I will never be ordering from the Petersen Games website again, they're an absolute mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vega
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What bothers me is that there is no official statement when they have a problem with shipping out.
Also when i placed my order a month ago i asked 2 days later if it is possible to add the dreamlands map (French). Guess what? No, not possible, because the orders have been sent to our fulfillment warehoublablabla

I wanted to order it later when this one arrives, but i think i have changed my mind....
I think the kickstarter will be delivered faster! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Carbone
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mb
In the same boat here. 3 weeks now and got the same email. Give them another 2 weeks then I'm going to ask for a full refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't even gotten a response to my second email, send earlier last week. The first email they said it was going to ship out "Very soon", but said likely the beginning of the following week, and I'd get the tracking email. Of course that didn't happen.

My second email I did mention that if they didn't have it in stock, just refund me and I can go support my local FLGS and play the darn game already. I haven't heard anything.

Can't say this makes me want to buy anything from them again or support a kickstarter, and that's a shame becaues I've heard good things for the most part about the games. But I'll get the games via other channels I guess if this is how it is. It's too bad, really... seems like something that should have been pretty simple/cut and dry, for the most part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mb
PG e-mailed me, shipping company they used had some unspecified issues, they resolved it (get another partner shipping company, I think) and reply for "will be shipped soon".
On facebook fan page a lot of people waiting for their orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the late shipping.

Shortly before Marchthulhu began, we were notified that our shipping warehouse is going to be going out of business. Here's their public announcement:

https://www.funagain.com/control/catalogsearch?SEARCH_CATEGO...

They told us there would be no issues, and there haven't been - they've been great - but I believe they are a little understaffed, and so things are going a little slower than they should be, normally.

All products will ship - all outstanding orders from Marchthulhu should be in the mail soon, I will confirm if this means "by the end of this week" or not.

(they are continuing shipping operations for 6 more months, so this won't impact us, but we will have to move all our inventory - after shipping all the Marchthulhu products - to another fulfillment solution).

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Tran
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had my order cancelled due to an error in inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otherleft wrote:
Just had my order cancelled due to an error in inventory.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't seen a cancellation notice, but I never got my tracking number "hopefully by the end of the day" last Friday like was said in the email... now a week later and still nothing. All I got is that they confirmed it was in stock, and it should be shipping soon (again). Now silence again? Seriously this is 4 weeks since I ordered the game and got confirmation. I get they are going out of business (Would have been nice to know that before placing the order... was this sale done to specifically clear inventory from them?), but if they are continuing operations then they should continue them. It seems not even Petersen Games can get info on anyone's tracking/shipment (not anything specific). Just a promise that it's going to "ship soon" for the past few weeks isn't sitting well with me, I'm hoping I get some kind of info on it tomnorrow or else I'm just going to tell them to cancel the order and refund it, regardless of whether it's "supposed to ship" or not...

EDIT: Gave up and submitted a request for full refund today (Sat. April 28).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Carbone
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mb
existoid wrote:

Shortly before Marchthulhu began, we were notified that our shipping warehouse is going to be going out of business. Here's their public announcement:

They told us there would be no issues, and there haven't been - they've been great - but I believe they are a little understaffed, and so things are going a little slower than they should be, normally.

All products will ship - all outstanding orders from Marchthulhu should be in the mail soon, I will confirm if this means "by the end of this week" or not.

(they are continuing shipping operations for 6 more months, so this won't impact us, but we will have to move all our inventory - after shipping all the Marchthulhu products - to another fulfillment solution).

Thanks,

Hey Arthur can you explain to me why the personal account section of the EU stores has disappeared? I cannot open to check the state of my order!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
existoid wrote:

Thanks,
Hi Arthur,

Thanks for sharing your understanding of the situation, and I'm sure this is not the way PG wanted this sale to go. But from a buyer's perspective, I would disagree that there haven't been any issues. I made multiple, large purchases at the start of the sale, and neither has shipped. I've emailed support a few times to ask about the order status and other questions, and the replies I've gotten back have ignored the actual questions I asked and repeatedly said the orders would ship "shortly" even though it's been over a month now. And just as often I got no reply at all for weeks. So a couple of questions that would be great to have answered:

1. In your post, you said all products would ship, but several people have said their orders have been cancelled due to stock issues. What is the discrepancy there?

2. In your post, you also said you would confirm whether all outstanding orders from Marchthulhu would be out by the end of last week. I don't have any tracking info or emails saying that they were shipped yet, so could you give an updated ETA on whether/when the outstanding orders will ship?

3. PG newsletter subscribers got an email on March 20th saying that the OS3 expected delivery date had slipped to July 2018, but KS OS3 backers didn't get that news until a month later, despite several KS updates being posted in the interim. Might y'all consider sending out updates when estimated shipping dates change in a more consistent way?

I want to emphasize that this isn't a patience issue, it's an expectation management issue. I bought several items from Funagain in their going-out-of-business sale, and all of those items shipped within 2 business days and arrived within the week. That is an outcome that matches the expectation I had, but if they had emailed and said "sorry, we're super backed up and things won't ship until next month", I'd have been fine with that, too! Because that's managing my expectations. When James says an order will ship shortly and then it's still unshipped a month later, the issue is that the expectation was mis-set, not that the buyer is impatient. When you say that you'll have an update for us by the end of the week and then you don't post an update by the end of the week, that's an expectation management issue. You set an expectation and then didn't come through. When someone pays hundreds of dollars for an order, waits long enough that they pay the credit card bill for it, and then the order is cancelled the next month despite being told "all products will ship", that's a pretty big expectation management issue. More than getting the games in a timely fashion, what I (and I think some others) are looking for is a sense that things Petersen Games say to customers are trustworthy.

I love Cthulhu Wars. I love the fact that there are so many ways to expand the game and to support Petersen Games by doing so. But the communication around this sale has soured me quite a bit on buying directly from you all in the future. I wouldn't have minded if the Marchthulhu Sale newsletter said "Just FYI, we just found out our shipping warehouse is going out of business, so orders may not ship for a month or more, but we'll update every 2 weeks how things are going there." But to be strung along over and over again like this has colored my view of Petersen Games. I hope you can understand that, and that things can improve now and in the future. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kaplinski
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
I wish to express the same expectation.

I processed an order April 2nd; payment accepted and receipt of the order received on that date. I have a reasonable expectation of shipping times, however, after nearly two weeks without receiving a shipping notice from PG, I sent an email inquiry to support.

It took four separate emails and nearly another week to receive not one, but a response to all four of my inquiries within the span of about a day. That response was a form letter informing me of shipping issues and assuring me the order would be shipped "soon".

A week later, I sent another inquiry to support and received a quick response informing me that there were issues surrounding the shipment of the recent Cthulhu RPG supplement PG had produced. Further, the response said my order would be shipped "soon".

I appreciate PG's product. I would like to continue to support the company in the future but I request an improvement in the communication of any issues concerning the fulfillment of an order. As a courtesy to those who have ordered, I echo the idea that perhaps weekly or bi-weekly updates could be sent.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.