Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, our crowdfunding campaign achieved the 900% mark, and, with that, you unlocked the possibility to modify the artwork of a Hero or Heroine.

Notice that the original artwork will remain. You will get a special, Kickstarter Exclusive, second set of Heropad and Attack Cards with a limited edition alternate artwork of the Hero of your choice.

(This is the back of a Heropad. I took an example outside of the Core Box Heroes not to influence votes. You can only choose among Core Box Heroes because this is a Stretch Goal, and all unlocked stretch goals are added to Core Box rewards, so we cannot include Expansion or Full Pledge Exclusive Heroes).

Here are the Core Box Heroes for you to choose:

Poll
What Hero or Heroine would you like to have a second set of components, with an exclusive, alternate artwork?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Catharina, the Witch
14.0% 59
Zafara, the Fallen Angel
13.1% 55
Rokaru, the Samurai
11.2% 47
Garion, the Rogue
3.1% 13
Rurik, the Warrior
2.9% 12
Jorana, the Amazon
7.1% 30
Taram, the Cleric
5.2% 22
Thalia, the Druid
34.2% 144
Niary, the Hunter
17.8% 75
Avelum, the Wizard
4.0% 17
Sedrik, the Werewolf
10.0% 42
Katar, the Barbarian
3.6% 15
Voters 421
This poll is now closed.   421 answers
Poll created by dragori_dan
Closes: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:00 am

You can also find the super big banner with all the Heroes above on the following link: http://arenathecontest.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Core_B...

Comment below with the reasons for your vote(s), and what kind of change you want to be made!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see another side of Catharina, more contemplative, less glowy-eyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Merfeld
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'd really like to see a more active version of Niary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Barber
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Can never have too many dwarves 😀
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Leister
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see the Niary the Hunter because I am partial to rangers.

It would also be good to see the arrow on the other side of the bow because that is where it normally is for archers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Colette
Canada
flag msg tools
Because she looks so wicked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kreskai
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokaru looks a little scrawny for a samurai. All that armour makes them look huge. I also think the beard and stache are too European looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Rismiller
msg tools
I chose Sedrik because I love werewolves and you don’t often get to see one as a playable character. I’d like to see him wearing some sort of tribal regalia, signifying that he is in control of his beastial form and acting of his own accord- as apposed to pure rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Martins
Brazil
flag msg tools
Can Thalia gain a second form of Druid (Bestial) Offensive as a second form? It would be nice to have her as Druid Healer or Damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thalia because of (•)(•)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Haworth
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I voted for Thalia, the Druid.

I want to play this with my wife, so a less titillating version would be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McCarter
msg tools
Thalia, the Druid: Would like to see something incorporating aspects of wild animal attacks and defense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I would like to see one of the women with less bust size and alternative pose.
But please, don't make Thalia more "decent". She is already very modest. In fact, if she were to wear less, she could pass as a dryad, which would be pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Zafara the Fallen Angel, because there is so much potential with this character that the current art resource doesn't tap into. It's just kinda "meh" at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kadisak
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted Thalia because she looks out of place compared to the rest of the art. All of the other art depict fierce warriors prepared to battle. Thalia looks to just be enjoying a leisurely stroll through nature. I think the art on her card is beautiful, but it doesn't match thematically with all the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Jesus
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rokaru, the Samurai in a fighting stance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan AllThatJazz
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's the taste of your designer. But he's a bit of Russ Meyer Fan I guess.

I would prefer seeing a woman not having those very large breasts which always seem to be streched out to the viewer.

Something more petite
or something more fighter
or something else
... but a great bit less Playbunny would be so nice to look at.

But for sure I'll stay in to get your very, very interesting game.

Hoping that there's some money left from the campaign so that those poor big breasted women can buy some clothing modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nox Noxley
Germany
Waldstetten
flag msg tools
I have to choose:

either improve one of the images and the only one that needs improvement in my opinion is: Rokaru

or have another great image of my most favorite one: Thalia

Since I think it is hard to top the current image of Thalia, I rather go for a better/ cooler image of Rokaru (the current one is rather boring...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jazz Paladin
msg tools
Niary the Hunter, since my wife uses a Ranger for DND and could use some good art in addition to the mini!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Rismiller
msg tools
I wanted to also throw in the idea of Sedrik’s human form. I can’t help but wonder who he is or what he’s capable of underneath the beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Stogner
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
AllThatJazz wrote:
Maybe it's the taste of your designer. But he's a bit of Russ Meyer Fan I guess.

I would prefer seeing a woman not having those very large breasts which always seem to be streched out to the viewer.

Something more petite
or something else

Hoping that there's some money left from the campaign so that those poor big breasted women can buy some clothing modest

THIS. So much this.
I voted for the Druid for this reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jacob barnhill
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Thalia does not seem to match the other artwork.
Very non-aggresive art, and you know breasts deserve armor too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlyn Lawrence
msg tools
AllThatJazz wrote:

Something more petite
or something else

^100% agree. Because as a woman myself when I go adventuring I like to wear next to nothing, really helps protect my vulnerable skin and organs. I guess only men get that kind of logical protection. I picked to modify Thalia because seriously WHO WOULD WEAR THAT INTO BATTLE!?!? Even as a druid! You want more women to take gaming seriously give us characters that are legitimate. A real hero/adventurer would prioritize protection of vital organs and functional gear over looking like a sultry sexpot. Perhaps they should look like they could actually handle themselves in a fight. I'm not saying they can't be attractive, but I personally think that a strong woman who can handle herself in battle and is smart about her gear is "sexier" and more logical. I will say that at least some of the women have ok gear, still focuses on their boobs (clearly for fanservice reasons only).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Name
msg tools
I don’t think Thalia is wearing armour there because it’s a scene where she’s communing with nature, enjoying being a druid. Out of shot are a horde of satyrs and nymphs dancing, engaged in a fertility rite for a warm spring and gentle summer.

Which is why I voted for her: happy to have Thalia in her role as representative of spring and desire and goddess, but I’d also like a version of Thalia that would logically be found in the arena. Ideally showing the darker side of Druidic religion - human sacrifice, bones, and blood.

Current pictures are all good overall: please don’t waste any effort on changing them when that effort could go onto new content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Rasmussen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Rokaru in a fighting stance with a two-handed grip would look better in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.