Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how to handle timing issues in this game?

For example, if I use Sharklang’s Ultimate Power (to steal Chi from other monsters), can my opponent quickly use a Spell Card to spend his last Chi?

And if I attack someone, can he still play Eye Of Monster to get a Victory Point, and can I play Tornado to empty his Chi pool, so he cannot play Eye Of Monster anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hung-Che Lin
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robert,
The order of resolving card effects is based on the order you declare your card spell/effects. If you declare first(play your card first), then you got to resolve your card effect first. The only exception is when you use the card to cancel another card effect. (Swordlion can cancel it immediately. This is the only counter-effect.)

For your Q2, yes he can. He(defender) will gain victory point when someone (including you) attacks him if he plays "Eye of the Monster."

If you want to play "Tornado", any previous card effects should be resolved first, and then you can play Tornado. Therefore, if defender play "Eye of Monster" first, then he still got to gain Victory point first before you got a chance to play Tornado to empty his chi.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Hung-Che - that really helps! Is the same “First declared, first executed” rule valid for Ultimate Powers (versus spell cards)? Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hung-Che Lin
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.