Hide
7 Posts

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » Rules

Subject: Knight-Heraldor - Is this intended? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Williams
msg tools
My group did the first dungeon of Hammerhal last night. Went swimmingly, but I gave players the option of switching characters for next week, carrying over XP and such, since they'd have a firmer grasp on the rules and what they find fun.

One guy wants to do a Knight-Heraldor for the Onwards to Glory action, mostly as a direct reaction to the healing lamp Stormcast guy sucking on toast. Because it's a reaction, he found something I think is highly broken and I'm wondering if I'm just massively misreading it.

The hero in question has an ability called Onwards to Glory which reads:

5+: Move, then make a Combat action of your choice.

Does this mean that I can spend a 5, move then roll my Thunderblast (Area Stun on 4+), which would ordinarily require a 6+ activation? Why even list Thunderblast as a 6+ action, when you could just OtG more than once with a 5+?

I can further grant a OtG action to my entire group, one per hero, by dedicating a 2+ for an ability called Call to Arms. Does this mean that with Call to Arms, the Cogsmith eg can move and then do a Grudgeraker action (which was insanely good in our first game, clearing whole rooms) with a 5 rather than a 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not how it works. Do you have a non-English version of the game by any chance, because the text I have here is:

"Call to arms 4+: Put the hero dice here until the end of the round. While it is there, other heroes in the knight-heraldor's chamber can move D3 spaces immediately before making a combat weapon action."

So, first of all, the heraldor can't use it on himself - it's "other" heroes. Second, it doesn't give a free attack, it gives a free move to heroes who select to make a combat action.

Edit: Oh. I looked into this because I thought it was odd. Methinks you've downloaded the duff cards from somewhere like 1d4Chan, which have errors on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
msg tools
Yeah unfortunately relying on the images because I can't find the now OOP hero cards for love or money. Theyre just bowhere to be found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
modrnangel wrote:
Yeah unfortunately relying on the images because I can't find the now OOP hero cards for love or money. Theyre just bowhere to be found.

Be warned - those online cards are littered with errors. The heraldor is particularly bad. He doesn't even have an ability called "onwards to glory" on the official card. I think the bootleg one might have been old playtest builds or something.

Hopefully GW will release the hero cards again. I suppose that depends on if they're going to keep going with the product line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
msg tools
I shelled for the app. I wasn't avoiding it because I'm cheap, but because I know my players won't go in on it. With all those errors, though, not many other options. Thanks for clarifying that, though. Big help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fife
United States
charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
modrnangel wrote:
My group did the first dungeon of Hammerhal last night. Went swimmingly, but I gave players the option of switching characters for next week, carrying over XP and such, since they'd have a firmer grasp on the rules and what they find fun.

One guy wants to do a Knight-Heraldor for the Onwards to Glory action, mostly as a direct reaction to the healing lamp Stormcast guy sucking on toast. Because it's a reaction, he found something I think is highly broken and I'm wondering if I'm just massively misreading it.

The hero in question has an ability called Onwards to Glory which reads:

5+: Move, then make a Combat action of your choice.

Does this mean that I can spend a 5, move then roll my Thunderblast (Area Stun on 4+), which would ordinarily require a 6+ activation? Why even list Thunderblast as a 6+ action, when you could just OtG more than once with a 5+?

I can further grant a OtG action to my entire group, one per hero, by dedicating a 2+ for an ability called Call to Arms. Does this mean that with Call to Arms, the Cogsmith eg can move and then do a Grudgeraker action (which was insanely good in our first game, clearing whole rooms) with a 5 rather than a 6?
The wording I can find for the "bootleg" cards (Call to Arms (2+): Put a hero dice here until the end of the round. While it is there, the Knight-Heraldor and any heroes in the same chamber can make an Onwards to Glory action, below.) implies that you have to use Call to Arms to allow even the Heraldor to do Onward to Glory.

RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I think the bootleg one might have been old playtest builds or something.
I believe they are the app profiles from before they updated them for the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imriel wrote:

RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I think the bootleg one might have been old playtest builds or something.
I believe they are the app profiles from before they updated them for the cards.

Same difference

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.