Hide
4 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » General

Subject: Is Eureka still Harrowed alive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lenonn Toledo
msg tools
At Eulogy we are presented to a known dog by Black Jack/Jackson, one that he does love and who brings him his guns less the Ebony one, as if the dog was keeping him on the good side. That one can only be Eureka, such a good boy.

But, am I given to assume that Eureka is always winning his inner fight against the manitou in his undead body, said that he is a good Harrowed, or was it only a spirit that Jackson saw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harlath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I didn't pick up on this potentially being Eureka, will have to re-read.

At the very least, Eureka controlling his manitou is excellent head-canon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meyer
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately when AEG started working on Reloaded, we did so striking "Eulogy" from cannon, somewhat accidentally (the official fiction collection provided did not contain it, and we only found out later that it had been released as cannon way back in 2002 I believe).

We proceeded with the new cannon established in my own fiction "Endings and Beginnings" which was used to close some stories, set up others, and leave hooks for more later down the road. Sadly because of an AEG decision and a PEG rights issue, both my "Endings and Beginnings" and Rob Vaux's "Demons" (a much later story of Austin Stoker) ended up released on a non-official site and left hanging as "pseudo cannon."

Endings and Beginnings did not include Eureka, as the beloved dog was not saved in any of the official or fan based events with that purpose. In fact the only non-dude character saved was Clovis the Devil Bunny.

So, as for a cannon answer, I can't give one about Eureka or her manitou, but if I could, I would likely come up with something about it being the most powerful manitou yet known, and that Eureka struck a bargain with it, giving the dog dominion for a time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harlath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for swinging by Tim. It has been great to see you and some of the other previous Doomtown writers helping fill in some gaps. The story is a big part of why people play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.