The Nightmare Before Christmas TCG» Forums » General

Subject: full set from boosters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul sitko
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any cards that are only available through the starter boxes? Is it possible to get a full playset from booster boxes? Or do you need to get the starter boxes?

If you can't get a full playset from the boosters, can you at least make a playable deck? Or are the starter boxes absolutely necessary?

I ask because Dave and Adam's card world has the boosters available ridiculously cheap, but they seem to be out of the starter decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the main playing cards are in the booster boxes. The only 2 cards that are exclusive to the starter decks are record-keeping cards that don't get shuffled into the deck, but lay face up on the table the whole time.

These cards are the Pumpkin Points card and the Pumpkin King card, and you can print them out online at the the mirror site I created from the official website. I created it for just such an occasion.

http://www.quixoticgames.com/nightmare/cardlist.html

Look for the "Game Aids" at the bottom of the list.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the rulebook which comes in the Starter Deck can be downloaded from that same website here:

http://www.quixoticgames.com/nightmare/jacks_house.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.