Maximum Apocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Remote Mine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evans

Fort Myers
Florida
msg tools
Okay this card confuses me. A couple questions about it.
1. Do you place it down as an action, and then later in the game detonate it? If so, does this take another action?

2. Can you sneak through a tile and leave the mine behind?

3. Can you use the mine in the square you are on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rumple
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! I was wondering the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*edit*

See below, I was incorrectly thinking of Proxy Mine! XP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evans

Fort Myers
Florida
msg tools
The only thing that confuses me about this is that from this description it can only be used on the tile you are currently on.

It says to remove all monster tokens on the tile or deal all monsters on tile 3 damage. The only reason I can think of that you would remove unrevealed monster tokens would be if the mine was on a square that you no longer occupy. (Example, you drop it on a tile as you move past. Later monsters have spawned there, you detonate it and it destroys those tokens.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AllaboutJack wrote:
The only thing that confuses me about this is that from this description it can only be used on the tile you are currently on.

It says to remove all monster tokens on the tile or deal all monsters on tile 3 damage. The only reason I can think of that you would remove unrevealed monster tokens would be if the mine was on a square that you no longer occupy. (Example, you drop it on a tile as you move past. Later monsters have spawned there, you detonate it and it destroys those tokens.)

That's how you use it!

Use it on important tiles like the Van to clear the just before escaping, or place it on any tile that you know you'll be travelling through later to ensure a safe run home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evans

Fort Myers
Florida
msg tools
XeyneGaming wrote:
AllaboutJack wrote:

That's how you use it!

Use it on important tiles like the Van to clear the just before escaping, or place it on any tile that you know you'll be travelling through later to ensure a safe run home.

That's what I was thinking at first, but the post above said you couldn't leave it on a tile, so that confused me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AllaboutJack wrote:
That's what I was thinking at first, but the post above said you couldn't leave it on a tile, so that confused me.

I suspect he was thinking of the Proximity Mine (Mechanic).

Remote Mine [Equip 0]: "Place this card on a map tile you occupy. Discard: Remove all monster tokens on the tile or deal all monsters on tile 3 damage."

Proximity Mine [Equip 1]: "Passive: When this player draws a new monster, discard this card and deal 7 damage to the monster."

----

Specifically, the Proximity Mine is equipped to the player and will explode when you draw a monster card. The Remote Mine is left on a tile (as an action to play it, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evans

Fort Myers
Florida
msg tools
Thanks so much! That makes sense.

Just to be clear, it's an action to drop it, but a free action to discard (and detonate) it later in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AllaboutJack wrote:
Thanks so much! That makes sense.

Just to be clear, it's an action to drop it, but a free action to discard (and detonate) it later in the game.

Yep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
AllaboutJack wrote:

I suspect he was thinking of the Proximity Mine (Mechanic).

Remote Mine [Equip 0]: "Place this card on a map tile you occupy. Discard: Remove all monster tokens on the tile or deal all monsters on tile 3 damage."

Proximity Mine [Equip 1]: "Passive: When this player draws a new monster, discard this card and deal 7 damage to the monster."

----

Specifically, the Proximity Mine is equipped to the player and will explode when you draw a monster card. The Remote Mine is left on a tile (as an action to play it, of course).

WHOOPS! Yep, totally thought he was asking about Proxy Mine, thanks for correctly explaining! XP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.