Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that you only get to open a large crate when you defeat a tougher enemy, but how do I know when that is? All of the exploration cards have <or> between the two resources. Is there supposed to be a certain threshold of enemy toughness that allows me to take both resources (for example total value greater than 8)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A caveat: I don't own the game.

Looking at the videos posted here: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/desolate

It looks like the crate icons on the Conflict cards are of different size. There are conflict cards with a small crate icon and others with a larger icon. The larger crate takes most of the square space which it is in.

If you look at the playthrough video, freeze the video at 01:26, and you can see the difference in crate size of 2 conflict cards side by side.

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
guigtexas wrote:
A caveat: I don't own the game.

Looking at the videos posted here: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/desolate

It looks like the crate icons on the Conflict cards are of different size. There are conflict cards with a small crate icon and others with a larger icon. The larger crate takes most of the square space which it is in.

If you look at the playthrough video, freeze the video at 01:26, and you can see the difference in crate size of 2 conflict cards side by side.

I hope this helps.

Thank you. The two images are different. The large crate actually has an ‘L’ on it and the small crate has an ‘S.’ With the cards being black and white, it’s a bit difficult to see and let’s face it - my eyes aren’t what they used to be. laugh

Makes sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The official rules have been slightly edited to make it clear that the crate size is determined by the image of the crate next to the alien image (“S” or “L”).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.