Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting calls and i.m.s from other therapists and verified myself tonight that licensed therapeutic massage sections are gone from Craigslist after Craigslist competitor called "back page" was seized by the Feds.

I assume the casual sex people will go to a phone app or dating site. But dating sites are at risk of being seized too. No clue what sex businesses will do. Not sure what legitimate lmts will do to start their practice now. Not sure if anyone will even host a web site much longer.

It's failed on constitutional grounds before. It might again but it could be a couple years.

The cause/justification is sex trafficers advertisements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I went to massage school to get my license ( way back in 1999 before the internet exploded ) we frequently discussed in our Ethics class why the phone book used to have advertisements and listings in the massage section of the yellow pages from places that were obviously unlicensed and likely a front for prostitution etc... complaints were frequently made to the phone company to put those listings in some location other than the massage section since legally one is required to be licensed to practice massage in Connecticut. I suspect the phone company didn't quite know what to do with them or where exactly to put them in their phone book, so they put an asterisk right under the massage heading in the book explaining that it required a license, but it kept those seedier locations in the massage category. We were also warned to be careful about where we advertised so that we would be perceived as legitimate, licensed providers, rather than purveyors of sexual services for money.
Personally, I think it's a bad idea for a licensed massage therapist to advertise on Craigslist or comparable websites. They tend to attract the type of client who probably is looking for sexual services disguised as massage, rather than a legitimate legal massage without sexual possibilities or intent. And those situations can easily endanger ones ability to maintain a license that one worked hard to obtain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Getting calls and i.m.s from other therapists and verified myself tonight that licensed therapeutic massage sections are gone from Craigslist after Craigslist competitor called "back page" was seized by the Feds.

I assume the casual sex people will go to a phone app or dating site. But dating sites are at risk of being seized too. No clue what sex businesses will do. Not sure what legitimate lmts will do to start their practice now. Not sure if anyone will even host a web site much longer.

It's failed on constitutional grounds before. It might again but it could be a couple years.

The cause/justification is sex trafficers advertisements.
Will probably have to move to an Uber-style business model, with a large company pimping out supposedly self-employed service workers, while pledging for the service's quality and taking a huge cut. In fact, I'd be surprised if such a platform didn't already exist for legit massage therapists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will do that and I will pass it along to some other therapist who I've been talking to.

I may be taking an oncology massage course this year and that would open up some new avenues to help people in severe need as well. I don't do fluff massage. It's not emotionally satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls