Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, what do i do when i run out of particular weapon type counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeeshkul wrote:

Pray to the Lord and pass the ammunition blush thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, what to do, when i don't have enough counters of a particular weapon to arm my planes. Do i make pretend counters or am i really limited by what i have in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hansen
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that you're limited to what's in the box.
ETA: Page 8 of the rulebook:
Quote:
You may not use more of a given type of counter than the actual number of that counter provided in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Mark. I must have overlooked that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
yeeshkul wrote:

Pray to the Lord and pass the ammunition blush thumbsup

So, so helpfull !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just double-checking... you only need to allocate weapons counters to planes before each mission then recycle before you plan the next mission for the day. Early on, I kept running out of counters because I was mistakenly allocate weapons for each plane I was using that day rather than each mission. Example - 9 planes used per day assigned to 3 missions of 3 planes each - I was arming all 9 planes then executing the three 3-plane missions. Rather, I should have just armed 3 planes, executed the mission, then armed the next 3 planes for the second mission of the day, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeantilles1971 wrote:
Just double-checking... you only need to allocate weapons counters to planes before each mission then recycle before you plan the next mission for the day. Early on, I kept running out of counters because I was mistakenly allocate weapons for each plane I was using that day rather than each mission. Example - 9 planes used per day assigned to 3 missions of 3 planes each - I was arming all 9 planes then executing the three 3-plane missions. Rather, I should have just armed 3 planes, executed the mission, then armed the next 3 planes for the second mission of the day, etc.

You are correct that you can recycle the weapon counters per mission. However, RAW, Phantom Leader Deluxe only allows 1 mission per day. That said it's your solitaire game. If you are enjoying running multiple missions per day, stick with it man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cutcliffe
United Kingdom
Paignton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wedgeantilles1971 wrote:

Yes, I began playing Thunderbolt-Apache Leader doing that. Can't remember how I managed to realise I was doing it wrong...but it certainly makes sense when you offload unused ordnance after each mission - they are then available for use for hte 'next' mission (although I realise that we assume that in TAL the missions run more-or-less concurrently). I now think of the weapons mix in that game as being the weapons available *for each mission*, not for each Day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.