Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
35 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG.Spring

Subject: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Results are in! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Math trade is live!

Here are the dates for this year's trade:

Start Date: Today!
End Date: April 30, 2018 (6AM May 1)
Want List Deadline: May 7 2018 (6AM May 8)
Math Trade Meetup: Saturday May 26 at Noon, at BGG.Spring. Location Made in Texas - Central

I'll edit this header with the actual information, should there be any changes.

Here is the Math Trade Geeklist:

BGG.Spring 2018 No-Ship Math Trade - Results are posted!

Here's a request list:

BGG.Spring 2018 No-Ship Math Trade Request List

Here's some great info on Math Trades if you're new to the idea:

Lindsey's Math Trade Guide
Math Trade Wiki

Ask any questions! I, and many others are happy to help everyone participate in the math trade!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Thanks, Dan! Looking forward to another fun trade.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
I put an announcement up on the math trade announcement thread. I know a lot of people subscribe to that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Thanks Ian!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Quick question: if an item is no longer available for trade, can I just delete the item from the math trade list? Or is there something else I need to do? Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
moogle310 wrote:
Quick question: if an item is no longer available for trade, can I just delete the item from the math trade list? Or is there something else I need to do? Thanks!


Typically, just add a note that it's no longer available in the description, and then submit an empty want list for it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Several years ago, it was better to leave the game in the list, and simply mark it as no longer available for trade. This was because the OLWLG didn't handle deleted list items very well early on, and also because some users tracked games by the geeklist itself, making notes about the geeklist item number, or the page in the geeklist where the game was found.

However, now the OLWLG handles deleted items just fine, and most people have figured out how to use the OLWLG to track items, rather than manually by the geeklist.

So now, you can go ahead and delete geeklist items for games that are no longer available for trade.

Note that the OLWLG doesn't update automatically, so changes don't appear there immediately. I synchronize the OLWLG to the geeklist on a regular basis, so give it a day or so before you expect to see updates to the geeklist appear in the OLWLG.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Ok, I will go ahead and delete the item then, THANKS!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
ytter wrote:
Several years ago, it was better to leave the game in the list, and simply mark it as no longer available for trade. This was because the OLWLG didn't handle deleted list items very well early on, and also because some users tracked games by the geeklist itself, making notes about the geeklist item number, or the page in the geeklist where the game was found.

However, now the OLWLG handles deleted items just fine, and most people have figured out how to use the OLWLG to track items, rather than manually by the geeklist.

So now, you can go ahead and delete geeklist items for games that are no longer available for trade.

Note that the OLWLG doesn't update automatically, so changes don't appear there immediately. I synchronize the OLWLG to the geeklist on a regular basis, so give it a day or so before you expect to see updates to the geeklist appear in the OLWLG.


Thanks Dan for this. Someday we can kill the archaic aversion to deleting items in trade Geeklists.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Math Trade Header wrote:
No cash. There's a Virtual Flea Market, and there's exhibitors at the event

The link in the description leads to last year's VFM Geeklist.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Thanks for the heads up, Amanda!

Should be fixed now. Here's the link this this year's VFM:

Virtual Flea Market for Delivery to BGG.Con Spring 2018
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john newman
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Dan, will there be a Want List linked with this math trade?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
seems a little late to add a want list, it closes in a week
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john newman
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Tolio wrote:
seems a little late to add a want list, it closes in a week


Me be so, but now is better than 7 days from now.๐Ÿ˜Ž
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
johnpnewman wrote:
Tolio wrote:
seems a little late to add a want list, it closes in a week


Me be so, but now is better than 7 days from now.๐Ÿ˜Ž


If it's like any other math trade, more than 50% of the entries are going to be added in the last week anyway, so why not?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Here you go:

BGG.Spring 2018 Math Trade Request List
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Live! Deadline for game entries April 30
Trump wrote:
johnpnewman wrote:
Tolio wrote:
seems a little late to add a want list, it closes in a week


Me be so, but now is better than 7 days from now.๐Ÿ˜Ž


If it's like any other math trade, more than 50% of the entries are going to be added in the last week anyway, so why not?


And almost all of them will be games not on the want list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Wantlists due by May 7!
Geeklist is locked, and you can now begin submitting your wantlists through the OLWLG!

Remember, you can submit changes to your wantlist anytime. Your wantlist is not submitted until you get a geekmail confirmation.

If you don't officially submit a wantlist, you won't make any trades!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabletop Tags
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Wantlists due by May 7!
ytter wrote:
Geeklist is locked, and you can now begin submitting your wantlists through the OLWLG!

Remember, you can submit changes to your wantlist anytime. Your wantlist is not submitted until you get a geekmail confirmation.

If you don't officially submit a wantlist, you won't make any trades!


Would you guys mind helping a newbie out with this? I posted the games I had available for trade in the previous thread and the condition they were in. When I clicked into the OLWLG, the games I had posted were in my WANT list. I had clicked submit before I realized it was my want list instead of the list of games I was willing to trade.

I want to know if I can go back and edit this, how I make those edits, and whether or not those games are technically still listed as the games I have available for trade?

Seriously - appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kravetz
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Wantlists due by May 7!
Clarify a little bit for me. Looks like you posted 3 items on the math trade. Are those items you are trading? Or want in trade?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Wantlists due by May 7!
When you look at your want list, which in the OLWLG is linked under Step 4, your own games are listed across the top, and when you add games to your want list they will appear down the left side. Once you have games in your want list, then you can check the boxes of the corresponding row and column for each game you are willing to receive (on the row) for each game you are trading away (on the column).

In order to add games to your want list, click the Step 3 icon to see the list of available games to add.

Check item 14 on this geeklist as well for some instructions with pictures:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181401/item/3546810#item3...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabletop Tags
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Wantlists due by May 7!
ytter wrote:
When you look at your want list, which in the OLWLG is linked under Step 4, your own games are listed across the top, and when you add games to your want list they will appear down the left side. Once you have games in your want list, then you can check the boxes of the corresponding row and column for each game you are willing to receive (on the row) for each game you are trading away (on the column).

In order to add games to your want list, click the Step 3 icon to see the list of available games to add.

Check item 14 on this geeklist as well for some instructions with pictures:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181401/item/3546810#item3...


I really appreciate the help - Last question... If I click multiple games for a trade, is that me saying I'm willing to trade either of the games or all of the games?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Wantlists due by May 7!
dtaggerty wrote:
ytter wrote:
When you look at your want list, which in the OLWLG is linked under Step 4, your own games are listed across the top, and when you add games to your want list they will appear down the left side. Once you have games in your want list, then you can check the boxes of the corresponding row and column for each game you are willing to receive (on the row) for each game you are trading away (on the column).

In order to add games to your want list, click the Step 3 icon to see the list of available games to add.

Check item 14 on this geeklist as well for some instructions with pictures:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181401/item/3546810#item3...


I really appreciate the help - Last question... If I click multiple games for a trade, is that me saying I'm willing to trade either of the games or all of the games?


Any of the games. The software can only handle one for one trades.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Wantlists due by May 7!
Backlash27 wrote:
dtaggerty wrote:
ytter wrote:
When you look at your want list, which in the OLWLG is linked under Step 4, your own games are listed across the top, and when you add games to your want list they will appear down the left side. Once you have games in your want list, then you can check the boxes of the corresponding row and column for each game you are willing to receive (on the row) for each game you are trading away (on the column).

In order to add games to your want list, click the Step 3 icon to see the list of available games to add.

Check item 14 on this geeklist as well for some instructions with pictures:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181401/item/3546810#item3...


I really appreciate the help - Last question... If I click multiple games for a trade, is that me saying I'm willing to trade either of the games or all of the games?


Any of the games. The software can only handle one for one trades.


Count on getting the game you want the least. Maybe only 90% of the time.
Don't click that game if you don't mean it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Spring Math Trade 2018 Discussion List - Wantlists due by May 7!
Does the order of your wants for a particular game set any kind of priority?

If I am offering Trading in the Indian Ocean and I want Princeomino and Explosive Island with Fireballs (But I want Princeomino MORE) should I list Princeomino first and then EIwF second, or does it not matter?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.