pedro almada
Mexico
flag msg tools
just to make sure.

as we all know the the turn goes:
1- assign agent ( complete action)
2 - complete quest.

except on water deep harbor when you play an intrige card, and then at the end of the round you reassign and agent and then complete a quest.

so the question is the following

when you assign your agent to the -ENTRY WELL- Building on the undermountain expansion board. do you also complete a quest after you play the ingrate card?

i belive you do complete a quest after , as it is a basic building.
but i have a little doubt.

Thank!
P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes of course, if you can complete a Quest, you have the option to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Dolloff
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes you can complete a quest after using that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pgar86 wrote:
just to make sure.

as we all know the the turn goes:
1- assign agent ( complete action)
2 - complete quest.

except on water deep harbor when you play an intrige card, and then at the end of the round you reassign and agent and then complete a quest.

You still get to complete a quest after assigning at the harbor. You also can complete a quest after reassigning an agent from the harbor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McKibbin
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You also get to complete a quest when you first assign an agent to Waterdeep Harbor. The turn order is actually:
1: assign agent
2: gain the benefit from the assigned space
3: complete quest if desired
In the case of Waterdeep Harbor, the benefit from the assigned space is playing an intrugie card. You can also complete a quest after playing an intrigue card at Waterdeedp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hgman3 wrote:
You also get to complete a quest when you first assign an agent to Waterdeep Harbor. The turn order is actually:
In the case of Waterdeep Harbor, the benefit from the assigned space is playing an intrugie card. You can also complete a quest after playing an intrigue card at Waterdeedp.

Are you saying you can complete two quest on the same turn? That doesn't seem right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mspider_89 wrote:
hgman3 wrote:

Are you saying you can complete two quest on the same turn? That doesn't seem right.

No, that's not what they are saying. The last two lines are explaining how points two and three apply to Waterdeep Harbor, since the OP seemed to think that if you played an intrigue card, you do not get to complete a quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mspider_89 wrote:
hgman3 wrote:

Entry well is to TAKE a quest from the face up ones and play an intrigue. So you would only be able to complete one quest, after doing both of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pedro almada
Mexico
flag msg tools
i have very clear now that you do get to complete a quest after taking action on "entry well " as any other building.

BUT now i got confused with - Water deep harbor -

what i understand, ( and this is how i been playing since i got the game , like 10 times. ) its the following :

1- assign agent ( take action , in this case Play Intrige card )

2.0- end of turn . ( pending complete quest until end of round.)

2.1 - Ressing Agent. ( reassing agents on water deep harbor to available building , an take action. Then complete quest if posible. this being the only quest of the agent previously assign on water deep harbor.)

is this correct?

it appears there is 2 different opinions on this.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pgar86 wrote:
i have very clear now that you do get to complete a quest after taking action on "entry well " as any other building.

BUT now i got confused with - Water deep harbor -

what i understand, ( and this is how i been playing since i got the game , like 10 times. ) its the following :

1- assign agent ( take action , in this case Play Intrige card )

2.0- end of turn . ( pending complete quest until end of round.)

2.1 - Ressing Agent. ( reassing agents on water deep harbor to available building , an take action. Then complete quest if posible. this being the only quest of the agent previously assign on water deep harbor.)

is this correct?

it appears there is 2 different opinions on this.

Thanks.

Close, Waterdeep harbour should be:

1.0- assign agent (take action, in this case Play Intrige card)

1.1 - Complete quest if desired.

2.0 - Reassign Agent. (reassigning agents on waterdeep harbor to an available building)

2.1 Take an action.

2.2 Complete a quest if desired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe in your judgment since a lot of you have been in this forum longer than me.
But just by curiosity: do you interpret that by omission on the rulebook or is it stated in somewhere?

I'm just asking because this because I was reviewing the rulebook and didn't find it properly wrote anywhere (maybe I missed it) something like "after reassigning a worker, complete a quest". With this on mind, I starter to think that reassigning could be different from assigning a worked. That said, and with this in mind (don't kill me without taking in consideration the second point), I'm not sure about all this idea.

A penny for your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mspider_89 wrote:
I believe in your judgment since a lot of you have been in this forum longer than me.
But just by curiosity: do you interpret that by omission on the rulebook or is it stated in somewhere?

I'm just asking because this because I was reviewing the rulebook and didn't find it properly wrote anywhere (maybe I missed it) something like "after reassigning a worker, complete a quest". With this on mind, I starter to think that reassigning could be different from assigning a worked. That said, and with this in mind (don't kill me without taking in consideration the second point), I'm not sure about all this idea.

A penny for your thoughts.

Don't recall how I specifically knew this was the rule, but one of the designers answers it in this rule thread:

Waterdeep harbor and quests

(For the clicking impaired: you get to complete a quest after playing at the harbor and after reassigning.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link and clarification Downey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.