Roland Altmann
msg tools
(I also posted this question in the rules forum of the core game)

I have been struggling with rules to build armies in Skirmishes. The rules to the core game clearly state that you can build >either< a Rebel, Imperial, or Mercenary army. Imperial upgrade cards (Temporary alliance) then give you the option to include up to 2 Rebel or Mercenary cards as Imperial player. No such thing exists for the Rebels, >implying Rebel armies have Rebel deployment cards only<.

Now, in Jabba's Realm expansion (and maybe others?), all "Rebel" heroes (Onar, Vinto, and Shyla) are of the Mercenary faction. According to core game rules, the Rebel army cannot include these deployment cards, but the Imperium could, which doesn't make any sense thematically. No modification to this core rule is included in the Jabba's Realm rules.

Is there a new rule I am missing that now (with expansions) allows the Rebel player to have (an unlimited number?) of Mercenary deployment cards in their Skirmish army?

If you could point me to an official rule for this that would be great; I have been looking in all rulebooks I have, as well as in the BGG and FFG forum, but couldn't find an answer to this very basic question.

Thank you,
Roland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The heroes in that pack are Rebels when used in the Campaign, but their Skirmish counterparts add to the Mercenary affiliation instead. This gives some more diversity to the Mercenary affiliation.

The storyline of the Jabba's Realm campaign doesn't really paint you as Rebels from the start either, your characters are pretty much mercs for hire at the start of the campaign, so it is thematically fine for those characters to not be Rebels when played in Skirmish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there is no Temporary Alliance for the rebel army.

No, rebel army can only include rebel deployment cards (and skirmish upgrades) unless an ability says otherwise.

Yes, it is by design.

Skirmish Guide, Army Building wrote:
· Affiliation Restriction: All deployment cards in an army must
contain the same affiliation icon (shown on the upper-right
corner of the card).

It can of course be overriden by abilities on cards (Temporary Alliance, Saska, or elite Jawa Scavenger).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Altmann
msg tools
Gotcha. So if I would want to use Shyla, Onar or Vinto I simply would build a mercenary army than and use it to play against an Imperial or Rebel army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Altmann
msg tools
A user answered my question in another forum. https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28760580#28760580

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.