Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I don’t understand Implacable. I get that you order Darth and when he is finished, his token is shuffled back into the order pool. However, what happens then? Do I get to randomly draw from the order pool for an extra action but if I don’t draw the commander token nothing happens? It doesn’t say anything about how many actually orders I get to perform/draw for. Any help in explaining this would be greatly appreciated. -Charles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FFG preview:

Perhaps Darth Vader’s greatest weakness in your games of Star Wars: Legion is his low speed, which can make it difficult for him to come into range to use his lightsaber to devastating effect. Darth Vader’s fastest command card, Implacable, offers you a way to counter this. When playing Implacable, you have a very good chance of going first, letting you rush forward with Darth Vader and charge into the fray. In fact, to your opponent, it might seem like Darth Vader is unstoppable—at the end of his activation, Darth Vader can suffer a wound to shuffle his order token into the order pool, gaining a second activation when you draw his order token. Though he can only take one action on his second activation, that’s more than enough for Darth Vader to move and attack with his Relentless ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
rowdyray wrote:
So I don’t understand Implacable. I get that you order Darth and when he is finished, his token is shuffled back into the order pool. However, what happens then? Do I get to randomly draw from the order pool for an extra action but if I don’t draw the commander token nothing happens? It doesn’t say anything about how many actually orders I get to perform/draw for. Any help in explaining this would be greatly appreciated. -Charles

You cab two activations out of him in a round. Once up front and again when you randomly draw his token.

Remember eventually you will draw every token in a round so that all units activate.

Issue orders at the start of the round just means that you get to control when the ordered units' activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers. So I was completely playing the orders incorrectly. For some reason,I was thinking each order was an activated unit and that was it. So standing orders, you got,one activation. I was thinking the random pool was only if you changed your mind about an order. It makes so much more sense now....and I feel like an idiot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Everyone gets an action. The ones with orders you have more control of the timing. Let's say you have Vader, Speeder Bikes, an AT-ST and stormtroopers. You play a card that lets you command Vader and one other. You choose the speeder bikes.

Now on your first turn, you have the choice of activating Vader, activating the speeder bikes or drawing a command token from the stack. If you do the latter, you can't be sure if you will get the walker or the troopers, which could be important if it would be advantageous to activate one immediately.

Of course if your command stack contains only corps tokens, then you have perfect battlefield control and can activate every unit in the order of your choosing. (Though Implacable would reintroduce randomness)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My best suggestion would be to read through the learn to play guide again - there's a lot of stuff in there and it's easy to skim past a sentence that matters.

On page 9, under Issuing Orders, it emphasizes "These units are not activated immediately"; then, on the next page, the first step of Activation Phase describes that you either choose a unit with a face up order token to activate or draw an order token from the bag. The End Phase section next to that begins with "After each unit has been activated."

Best luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.