Subject: Event 26 "The Treasure Fleet" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jos s
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I am requestioning this.
This is a PLAY card so I will have to deal with it immediateley.

Thus I placed the Sunken Treasure Fleet and the Treasure Available token in a (the same) Random Major Ocean.

The card states further that after I "successfully search there" I would gain that Ocean's treasure and the Sunken TReasure Fleet.

But isn't this more of a KEEP card then?

Because I have to move and search in that Random Major Ocean. That could be a few turns later.. Or do I have to be there NOW?

And do I put this card in the Fail Pile, or do I keep it in the tableau for later?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
But isn't this more of a KEEP card then?

The design goal was to have "no memory required." This is NOT a KEEP card as the Sunken Treasure token IS your "memory marker." Thus, this is a PLAY card with that token beckoning you as your reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Erni
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed a PLAY card -- put the Sunken Treasure marker in the appropriate ocean, place the new Treasure (which follows normal placement protocols if the ST Ocean already has a Treasure), and add two cubes to the Incitement box -- then FAIL the card.

The card does note the meaning (and acquisition procedure) of the ST marker, so you might want to keep the card visible the first couple of times you play. You don't need to be in that Ocean immediately to profit, just anytime you successfully find that Treasure in the future -- after awhile it all becomes second nature, and you can safely bury that card in the FAIL pile.

ninja AArgh, ninja'd by the boss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos s
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.