Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Enemies of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Movement Rules it states: "Only 2 colors of cubes may ever be in an area. When an area has 2 different colored cubes present no units may move from or into that area."

This rule seems to imply that if I have 2 group moves and I move the first group into an area with enemy units I am prevented from moving a second group into the same area as it now contains 2 different colors of cubes even though one of those colors is mine. Meaning also, I can only get a maximum of 5 cubes into an area during movement. Is this the wrong interpretation of this rule? It seems that you should be able to move more than one group into the same area, especially if the enemy has a large number of cubes in an area.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't combats resolved during movement?

I remember having this question when reading the rules, but figuring out that it could not happen and so moved on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolland Beach
United States
Viroqua
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Movement rules: 'A battle will occur after all movement is completed for the card play.' Bold emphasis mine.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolland Beach
United States
Viroqua
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand the IP if you play an Event that places Enemies of Rome cubes in an area with your Legion cubes those cubes are pinned and can not move. But in that case you would have had the option to place 1-3 new cubes in the area as reinforcements.

The rules as written would seem to put a limit of 5 Legion cubes invading an area in a single turn.

These are how I read the rules and play. We will see what Grant says.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jadegleave wrote:
As I understand the IP if you play an Event that places Enemies of Rome cubes in an area with your Legion cubes those cubes are pinned and can not move. But in that case you would have had the option to place 1-3 new cubes in the area as reinforcements.

The rules as written would seem to put a limit of 5 Legion cubes invading an area in a single turn.

These are how I read the rules and play. We will see what Grant says.


Unless I just haven't read or understand the card you are talking about (which is highly possible since I only played my first game today), whenever there are units of two different colors in the same space there has to be a combat to resolve this. I don't see how you can have a reinforcement phase in that situation. Which card are you referring to? In any case my question was not concerning Events, which the rule book says override normal rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolland Beach
United States
Viroqua
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sequence of Play:

1. Place New Units

2. Intrigue Phase

3. Play Card...This Phase is when an you could play an Event Card that could place Enemy of Rome (green) cubes in an area controlled by your Legion Cubes.

So not a reinforcement action, but planning for the card play by using the Phase 1. unit placement to add Legion units to the area.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jadegleave wrote:
Sequence of Play:

1. Place New Units

2. Intrigue Phase

3. Play Card...This Phase is when an you could play an Event Card that could place Enemy of Rome (green) cubes in an area controlled by your Legion Cubes.

So not a reinforcement action, but planning for the card play by using the Phase 1. unit placement to add Legion units to the area.




True, but still there would have to be a combat to resolve the situation where there are 2 factions in the same area before the start of the next turn. Maybe I'm not following your line of reason as it applies to the original question.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolland Beach
United States
Viroqua
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was showing a situation where you would not be able to move cubes out of an area after play of an Event card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jadegleave wrote:
I was showing a situation where you would not be able to move cubes out of an area after play of an Event card.


Ok, got that. Thanks for explaining.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Movxement Rules
You can move another group in there if it is one of the two colors present. We had a weird situation happen once where three colors were in an area. Only two colors.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cartking24 wrote:
You can move another group in there if it is one of the two colors present. We had a weird situation happen once where three colors were in an area. Only two colors.


Thanks for all your answers Grant. This one was a biggie. Will there be a living rules doc on the Worthington site?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.