Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game solo 1 character - double up rules.
Random drew the Halfling Priest.

The Dead King is going to take the last city in 4 turns, I don't know if this is one I should continue trying to win or just pack it in now. Wondering if anyone has any advice. Something I'm missing that might turn the tide.

Here's what I'm currently looking at:
6 Smite
6 Shield of Faith
9 Channeling
5 Replenish
(My travel stats aren't great either (navigation is only decent at 5)

The DK has 140 health! I'm supposed to kill him somehow? The best damage I can do is 10 a turn with Harm effect.

Did I just get unlucky this game with my character draw?
Is it possible for a healer class to win solo?

PS I am loving this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
The conventional wisdom is that more characters make the game easier. I had a pretty difficult time with fewer than four. That said, you'll find there are, well, ways to keep leveling up even after the Dead King has started trying to run you down. Assuming you've got access to the Black Market for character upgrades and the shrines for mobility and taking back cities, you can delay the final battle until you think you're ready.

-Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How would I be able to stay ahead of him when he's moving 6 or 7 hexes a turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
These are arguably spoilers if you'd like to discover this stuff on your own, but...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
with mounts, a Haste blessing from the appropriate temple, and a pocket full of Luck Stones, you can move 8 hexes per turn with impunity. Just use reckless travel for base 4, +2 for reckless, +1 for mounts, and +1 for haste. If you roll a Circumstance you don't want, play a Luck Stone to replace it. Rolling a 6 and drawing from the top of the Circumstance deck is a potential pitfall, but there are ways around that as well. However, the more common way to draw out the end game by avoiding the Dead King is with teleport scrolls. They let you ping-pong around at a cost of eight gold each, with the caveat that everyone can only carry a single scroll and they're only sold at shrines.

Personally, this stuff feels borderline abusive to me. I wish it had been more carefully addressed at the design level.

-Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.