Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We are enjoying Pandemic Iberia, but after 8 plays on introductory we have only won once. We would like to try 2 roles each but I don't see suggestions anywhere for rules.
Do we basically play a 4 player game by 4 player rules? OR,
Do we play a 2 player game and choose which role to play each turn. Do we keep the city cards separate for each role or mingle them together?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sparks
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have Iberia but any game I have played with any players having multiple roles is always that player acting as two separate players with a separate hand/deck. The only exception to this I have ever ran into is one of the Shadowrun Crossfire missions that I downloaded.

I have Pandemic and On the Brink and when played with more roles than players it has always been each role is a 'player'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1qwerty wrote:
Do we basically play a 4 player game by 4 player rules?

This. You can play Pandemic with open hands and full cooperation on every turn. But, to keep reasonably close to the intent of the game, you'll have to keep hands separate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1qwerty wrote:
Do we basically play a 4 player game by 4 player rules?

Yes.
1qwerty wrote:
Do we play a 2 player game and choose which role to play each turn.

Nope.
1qwerty wrote:
Do we keep the city cards separate for each role or mingle them together?

Separate. Play as if there are 4 players, but let each player manage 2 roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Stipetic
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play Iberia, and all Pandemic versions, with 4 roles. Each of us controls 2 roles, and set up is the same as a 4-player game (i.e. seed 8 event cards into the player deck). Then one of us plays our two roles back to back, and then the other plays their roles back to back. Basically, it's exactly like playing a 4-player game.

We have only ever lost Iberia once, and we play on standard, for now, and we always play with Influx of Patients and an Historical Disease. We typically choose our roles, so we always have either the Railwayman, and use him plenty early on to lay down tracks, or the Sailor, who is awesome at moving people around and moving around himself. And a treater is a must; either the Nurse or the Rural Doctor. And remember, using those water purification tokens is a must. So try to cure a disease quickly so the cards of that color become wild for laying down water purification tokens. But more important than all that, have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.