Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
Hi,

I have a quick question about delivering phase. What happens if I have earned some incomes but have no where to deliver the cows because all the cites are already occupied by my discs?

Let's say I have delivered the following 4 cities so far and I've earned $ 5 this round (sorry i don't have the gameboard with me now. I will just call them City A,B,C...):

===

Number - # of income required.
O - my disc

Kansas[0/X] --- A City[1/O] --- B City[4/O] --- C City[6/O] --- D City[8/O]

===

That means I can deliver cows to Kansas, A City, or B City. However, they're all occupied and only place I can put my disc on is Kansas - which will give me negative points at the end of the game. In this case, do I have to put my disc on it? Can I just skip this phase?

Hope my explanation is clear and easy to understand enough for you guys.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Income of 7 dollars and no where to deliver
If you have delivered to all the places that you can, then yes, you must deliver to Kansas and take the extra $6 and the -6VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
Ah! I supposed that's how it works. Thanks a lot! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Above is correct. Apparently it’s “cooler” to respond to questions with quotes from the rulebook. cool

Quote:
Rulebook: Deliveries. Page 9
The higher the total breeding value, the farther up the railroad you can deliver.
To do this, decide on a city whose city value is equal to or lower than your cattle's total breeding value. Bear in mind, however, that you are not allowed to choose any city to which you have delivered before (that already has one of your discs on its city space). The only exceptions to this rule are:
• the local town, Kansas City
and
• the terminal town, San Francisco.
You may deliver to either of these cities even if you already have one or more of your discs there.

*boldness added for emphasis

Not sure if that makes me cooler? Maybe this emoji will... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I call Kansas City the "cow shredder." They can always go there (and must, if need be).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Morgan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Race Bannon wrote:
I call Kansas City the "cow shredder." They can always go there (and must, if need be).

So if you've delivered to some of the earlier cities and there are no other spots to go to youmust deliver to Kansas city? Can you not take the income of the cards and not place a disk? It appears I've played it wrong and if I had an income of 6 for example and no place to place I'd take the 6 coins and not place a disk whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. You must deliver to KC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bighab wrote:
Race Bannon wrote:

So if you've delivered to some of the earlier cities and there are no other spots to go to youmust deliver to Kansas city? Can you not take the income of the cards and not place a disk? It appears I've played it wrong and if I had an income of 6 for example and no place to place I'd take the 6 coins and not place a disk whistle

Yup, you must always place a disk. It incentivises you to get a better hand, otherwise you could just speed round the board with no reason to improve your hand or have an alternative strategy to off set the poor hand.

And then, to keep in with the cool kids quoting rules, there wouldn't be a need for this rule from page 16 of the rule book:

The Rulebook, page 16 wrote:
If you must place a disc onto a city space during delivery or onto a train station while upgrading it, some special cases can occur: If you are supposed to place a disc onto a space with white corners but only happen to have discs on disc spaces with dark corners left, you are allowed to place a disc from a disc space with dark corners onto a space with white corners. If you are supposed to place a disc but are unable to (because you have none left or cannot pay for them), remove one of your discs from a train station of your choice and place that one instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bighab wrote:
Race Bannon wrote:

It's one of the key "stressors" of the game, trying to plan which disk I will have to drop.

There's another delivery combo that is negative as well (two of the first three).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No pain no gain
Omertron wrote:
If you have delivered to all the places that you can, then yes, you must deliver to Kansas and take the extra $6 and the -6VP.
This is why it is very sensible to take a Kansas City delivery (then two, maybe three) first time around and get the money when it can make a big difference to your purchases. There is a least one thread discussing this in depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar daros
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, I did not know this! I can see we've been playing wrong all along. Thanks for clarifying!wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.