Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Vesely
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So my group is about eight missions into the campaign, and we just happened across a spoiler.

While going through the monster stat cards in order to look for the one we needed, we noticed one for (spoiler)Jekserah. It really bugged me that this sort of thing happened. I wanted to be surprised by the story. There were a couple others that made us sorta wonder what they were all about as well. Does this kind of thing happen a lot in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mb
I wouldn't say it happens a lot, that's probably one of the biggest ones that's not hidden away in an envelope or tuck box. Even then it's not necessarily a spoiler. There are other things you might notice if you land on the wrong page of the scenario book or stuff like that but I do think the game does a great job hiding the things it doesn't want you to know until later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1867972/important-advice-ne...

My warning from last summer. Shame ... was a spoiler for me also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't assume that, in a game with branching scenarios based in part on player decisions, any one/thing potentially being an enemy is a huge spoiler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
I wouldn't assume that, in a game with branching scenarios based in part on player decisions, any one/thing potentially being an enemy is a huge spoiler.

Right. Many of the enemies in the stack of boss cards might never be encountered, just depending on how you play your campaign. Finding Jekserah means that you now know there's a way to fight her, but if you're cooperating with her in your campaign that might not happen at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vesebr wrote:
So my group is about eight missions into the campaign, and we just happened across a spoiler.

While going through the monster stat cards in order to look for the one we needed, we noticed one for (spoiler)Jekserah. It really bugged me that this sort of thing happened. I wanted to be surprised by the story. There were a couple others that made us sorta wonder what they were all about as well. Does this kind of thing happen a lot in the game?

Just because you saw something does not necessarily mean what you believe it to mean. There are many things you will notice while flipping through pages in the books/cards, don't form an opinion before you get there because you may be thrown a serious curve ball if you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
BigO518 wrote:
vesebr wrote:

Just because you saw something does not necessarily mean what you believe it to mean. There are many things you will notice while flipping through pages in the books/cards, don't form an opinion before you get there because you may be thrown a serious curve ball if you do.

This. There is also a boss card for the Captain of the Guard. Is he corrupt? Is he evil? Will we fight him? Or will he be our ally? Only time (and scenario choices) will tell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
BigO518 wrote:

Quoting for truth. My second group is 90 sessions in, and we've encountered half of the Bosses, at most. With Gloomhaven's grey and grey morality, straightforward evil NPCs aren't very common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.