Subject: Second playthrough with a question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garret Trezona
United States
Cutler Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
So this was our second playthrough with two players. We both have a good understanding of the game but still feel like we’re dojng something wrong because the game takes so long. It has taken us 2.5-3 hours to play a quest each time we’ve played. Is this normal? It seems like it takes us forever to start finding keys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hylke de Vries
msg tools
I don't really see how it could take that long to play the game. Played a 4 player game earlier with a new player, and including set up and explanation it did not take 2 hours, the two player games that I've played that didn't need explanation usually took about an hour or so.

I don't really know why it would take that long, unless you take a very long time deciding what to do each turn, or for some reason you try to stay away from the dungeon as much as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
How many keys are you playing Until the end game is triggered.? Six?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Garret123 wrote:
It has taken us 2.5-3 hours to play a quest each time we’ve played.

Total shot in the dark here... but are you using all the cards from a particular quest? The three dungeon decks should have 11, 12, and 13 cards each; with 10 monsters in each and respectively 1, 2, or 3 keys.

It seems unlikely to me that you'd be doing that, but I don't know what else it could be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.