Subject: King Kong Building Rules Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Andrés Martínez Anguiano
Mexico
Mexico City
Mexico City
flag msg tools
I'm totally excited with this new monster and expansion for both KoT and KoNY, but the rulebook included left me with some doubts I'd like to share, hoping you can help me to play my games correctly:

1. If the monster has one or more levels of a building, but leaves Tokyo or Manhattan, does he lose the gained levels?

2. The rulebook says that, in order to win the game, the monster has to possess the lower levels and then claim the top level.But it also says that a second monster can reclaim a the bottom level from the first one. Does that mean some of the following?

a. The first monster has to reclaim again the bottom level before he can go for the top level.
b. He can reclaim the top level, then recover the bottom and win the game, with the risk of even losing the middle level, and having to recover it too.
c. He can claim the top level and win the game without possessing the bottom.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
did you read the rules?

What made you think you lost a tower section by leaving Tokyo?

if you roll 4 x 1 while in tokyo then you claim the 1st lvl.. if you have that one then you claim the 2nd and if you have both then you claim the 3rd and win.. if the lvl you are claiming is controled by another player you take it from them..

its all in the rules for this pack, it is like half a page...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Andrés Martínez Anguiano
Mexico
Mexico City
Mexico City
flag msg tools
Thanks for you kind answer. As you said, the rulebook has nothing about losing levels when the monster yields, but, for me, it doesn't clearly cover the posibilities I've menctioned in my second question, and that's the reason I posted those here.

Maybe I'm not a tabletop gamer as experimented as you are, but I thought I could post a doubt here whitout somebody starting with "Did you read the manual?".

Thanks anyway, you helped me to confirm what I just thought, but wanted to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry if my answer seemed rude, my point was that the rules to me seems really clear on this topic, so i simply asked if you read the rules or just seen some vidoe about this pack

1. no, you dont lose a level by leaving Tokyo

2a. Yes, you always claim levels from the bottom and up.
2b. No he can't claim the top level without having the 2 first levels first.
2c. No, you always claim levels from the bottom and up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.