Subject: Where can you buy a Lockpick? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We played our first Mission yesterday and it was a blast. In the Village one of us wanted to buy Lockpick Consumable, but we could not find the right location for buying those. I am sure I just missed the right passage, but can please someone give me a nudge were to buy those? The other Consumables I could find easily.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
randomnickname wrote:
We played our first Mission yesterday and it was a blast. In the Village one of us wanted to buy Lockpick Consumable, but we could not find the right location for buying those. I am sure I just missed the right passage, but can please someone give me a nudge were to buy those? The other Consumables I could find easily.

Thanks!

I am very glad to hear you are enjoying the game

So the Lockpicks open the rare loot chests which are meant to be a quite big, satisfying thing to get, therefore lockpicks are scarce and can only be found while opening regular chests.

My advice is, if it starts becoming a problem in your games, like if a design decision like this does not sit right with your group, make a personal rule like, give the ability to buy Lockpicks at the Blacksmith for c50. During our tests we have never seemed to run into the issue of missing lockpicks

Now, there are just so many things to remember in this game (from a designer point of view) it is possible I am forgetting about some events or place which sells lockpicks, but I doubt it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Makes perfect sense. I did not know you get them in regular loot. But I like the idea. Maybe we introduce them with a high rarity, if the need arises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Stephenson
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
So, free lockpits only after you won a round of the most complicated board game ever. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oOD9U9VQ5Y)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
Maybe you could offer the ability to craft lockpicks? Could be fun. I like the idea of them only being found in normal chests, though, pretty cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.