Subject: Scenarios mix rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo Russo
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mb
My son loves the Replicators, so I have some question how to mix scenarios from Base and Close Encounters:

- head start variant:
players get 75CP to spend in advance, and keep max 10CP.
Does the REP gets 75CP too?
Can it buy more than 1RP at this point?
Maybe max 2RP, similarly to humans buying max 2 SS?

-quick start variant:
do REP get all colonies at FULL likewise humans with all colonies at 5CP?
At this point REP are producing a lot of hull-size ships, so they look too strong.

combo: can we use head start and quick start at the same time? It means 75CP and all colonies already built at max value

-king of warp / capture artifact:
are they suggested with REP?
How do we proxy the SW to study warps or the miners to gather artifacts with the REP?

-Replicator rules says that human players start with 30CP, but CE says that with RC/IC use always 20CP homeworld.
Which rule superseed the other? We guessed we should use 20CP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Serpentium wrote:
-Replicator rules says that human players start with 30CP, but CE says that with RC/IC use always 20CP homeworld.
Which rule superseed the other? We guessed we should use 20CP.

For this question, both of them are superseded by these rules (emphasis mine):

Replicators Rules 7.1 wrote:
When playing a game where someone is the Replicators, the following rules are not used: Facilities, Terraforming 2, Unique Ships, Experience, Reaction Movement, Space Amoebas, Blood Brothers Alliances, and Galactic Capitol.

I guess it proved to be impossible to balance Replicators for both games with and without facilities under one common set of rules.

I think I wouldn't use quick start / head start with Replicators, because they play and expand so differently - you'd probably have to change the economic phase their colonies start to deplete in as well if you do.

But unlike you, I haven't played with them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Russo
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mb
Aaaaahhhh facilities!!! Didnt notice before that they mean RC/IC!!!
Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul OConnor
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking as a playtester, not the game designer, we never really tried adding facilities to Replicators because we were going in a different direction. Our goal was to see how we could use the base rules to create a radically different experience from the 3D chess version of standard Space Empires that was a lot simpler and still challenging for both sides.

That said, you could try it and see what happens. My guess is that the facilities would not work out on a small map, the window of opportunity for human player is too narrow. A medium map might work out and a large map would probably favor the human player because facilities are very powerful over the long run.

Since the human tech tree is a lot simpler when facing the Replicators, it would make sense to focus on IC's rather than research.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vena
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
elitesim wrote:
That said, you could try it and see what happens. My guess is that the facilities would not work out on a small map, the window of opportunity for human player is too narrow. A medium map might work out and a large map would probably favor the human player because facilities are very powerful over the long run.

And don't forget the change to facilities pricing at 5CP per vs the old 3CP per. whistle No longer the no brainer they used to be as now a longer ROI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Russo
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mb
Serpentium wrote:
My son loves the Replicators, so I have some question how to mix scenarios from Base and Close Encounters:

-quick start variant:
do REP get all colonies at FULL likewise humans with all colonies at 5CP?
At this point REP are producing a lot of hull-size ships, so they look too strong.

-king of warp:
are they suggested with REP?
How do we proxy the SW to study warps with the REP?

Finally trying 3 player map, with 2 humans and 1 rep: we choose
- quick start, with all planet full colonies 5CP and FULL
- no head start, since I dont know how to proxy it for the REP and anyway second round we already produce 75 CP
- king of warp, with 4 warps: we decided to proxy SW with scientist for the REP with the SCAN ships, so obviously the Rep player bought it in no time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.