John Gentry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious to know the different strategies that are used for this. In the 4 games I have played, it always seems to really sing toward the end of the game as players don't want to burn their followers early. What are some tactics that would be used for this board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you get rid of followers early, you are not burning followers, you are finetuning what you have and making sure you have a reliable and useful draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And in addition, you get best choice of early rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey W

Bonney Lake
Washington
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend getting the Orléans: Trade & Intrigue expansion. The new beneficial deeds board is outstanding. So many more interesting decisions to be made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gentry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dklx3 wrote:

elaborate please.

CashLiam wrote:
I would recommend getting the Orléans: Trade & Intrigue expansion. The new beneficial deeds board is outstanding. So many more interesting decisions to be made.

Wow! that's a game changer, I may just get it for the BD board alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyg007 wrote:
dklx3 wrote:

elaborate please.

Every time you send a follower to the beneficial deeds board, you get the reward shown for whatever section they're placed in. Some sections have better rewards, and so tend to be filled up sooner (especially the slots requiring less-used workers, or workers that people tend to pick up lots of, like craftsmen, farmers, and knights).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CW Lumm
United States
Hampden
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only one game in, so take my commentary with a bucket of salt, but the beneficial deeds board seems all but useless with two - it takes so many workers to actually fulfill one of the orders that with only two people doing the fine-tuning, it's going to be tough to get the right mix. All the short deed tracks take valuable wild (and potentially wild) tiles like scholars and monks, and I found myself wishing for a separate board for fewer players.

I'm curious about how much play the deed tracks get with more experienced people who frequently play 2p - anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gentry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kamchatka wrote:
I'm only one game in, so take my commentary with a bucket of salt, but the beneficial deeds board seems all but useless with two - it takes so many workers to actually fulfill one of the orders that with only two people doing the fine-tuning, it's going to be tough to get the right mix. All the short deed tracks take valuable wild (and potentially wild) tiles like scholars and monks, and I found myself wishing for a separate board for fewer players.

I'm curious about how much play the deed tracks get with more experienced people who frequently play 2p - anyone?

Toward the end of the game in 2p with just burning tokens to the ever important citizen tiles. Not sure if you have had the chance, but take a look at the board for trade and intrigued board. From what I hear, you never play without it once you have played with it.

I have learned that burning certain workers can be used to tailor your bag-draw.

I also find a VERY deep yet important timing element with it as well. This can depend also on player turn order.

I do understand your frustration with the base game BdB with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
johnnyg007 wrote:
kamchatka wrote:

Toward the end of the game in 2p with just burning tokens to the ever important citizen tiles. Not sure if you have had the chance, but take a look at the board for trade and intrigued board. From what I hear, you never play without it once you have played with it.

I have learned that burning certain workers can be used to tailor your bag-draw.

I also find a VERY deep yet important timing element with it as well. This can depend also on player turn order.

I do understand your frustration with the base game BdB with 2.

That's what my fiancee and I did in our first play. in the last round or 2 we basically sent the followers to alchemy and draw 2 to place other followers in the town hall and grab spots to get citizens and other bonuses to gain victory points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.