Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Glory to Rome» Forums » General

Subject: I know they're joke bonus cards, but what do the chef roles actually do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jep M
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
So apparently there were bonus cards like these

Was there an actual joke function written for this? I want to say the chefs can "feed" neighbors with cards from hand. And the 6 colors determine the taste: sweet, sour, bitter, salty, savory, and calcium.
Were there other cards besides those two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
There were only these two, and, afaik, nobody ever wrote any rules for the chef role. I got the task to make promo cards for gtr blackbox, north pole, and hot potato, possibly including dinosaurs, and only got two cards to work with, and this was what I came up with. They are simply that, a silly joke. But feel free to come up with rules, might be interesting. Note, however, that the difference in card stock makes using them with the regular bb edition nigh impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
The concept, at one point, was for these to be 'assembled by team X' tokens for quality control. There were unplayable silly cards for some other CGF games too, intended for the same purpose. But they weren't actually used for that purpose.

They were also meant as a parody of promos of the 'lucky draw I win' variety that were being given out for many games at the time (e.g. Munchkin).

And, of course, these two make reference to other games: Uchronia and Hot Potato and North Pole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
How do you get those cards though??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sniezek
United States
Dorchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
How do you get those cards though??

They're rare in the wild. For a short time some random cards in this vein were thrown in with any replacement cards sent out as a small silly way to make up for the trouble of having to get replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jep M
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks you guys! I enjoy these fun little trivias. Nice to see you here, heiko!

I'm curious to try adding something to this but Im too intimidated lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.