Popular Tags: [View All]
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear all,
I published the first release of a VASSAL module for Combat Infantry. I'm really grateful to Grant Dalgliesh of Columbia Games for the maps and counters files. The image below shows how the status of units is represented inside the module. Face-down units are denoted with a "rally" or "moved" label to distinguish them from upright units.

Consider that the module is still in need of some serious playtesting.

Edit: Now version 1.0 is available together with a file that contains reference charts and a brief summary on how to use the module
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Aw, crap; gonna be sore in the morning...
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Thank you, cheers!

(Incidentally, you don't happen to also know how to create a microbadge for this game? Combat Infantry has certainly earned such a badge of honor.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Brian. I'd prefer to leave microbadge design to someone with more artistic creativity. I agree we definitely need a badge and it has to be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded a new version of the module (ver.0.7) that includes separate windows for each player to build their order of battle and randomly select Battalion Assets. This should improve the initial placement procedure. I've also added a separate window to handle Artillery and Air support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
just to let you know that I published a command chart for VASSAL listing the various keyboard shortcuts and describing the function of the different buttons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
module ver.0,8 is now published in the dedicated VASSAL page

Main addition/bug fixed:

- added random draw of HQ in private O/B decks (solo playing);
- mines and bunkers are not flipped at the end of game turn;
- ending player turn removes movement trails from units;
- removed rally ability from all HQ's;
- added zoom in the O/Bs and art/air windows;
- attacker icon replaced with a "fired" marker;
- end of player turn does not remove the "fired" marker;
- target icon has been resized;
- activate units when they fire or rally;

The module is fully usable also in solitaire mode and I'm testing it in a PBEM match. I'm looking for opponents for a live match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.