Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Posa
United States
Lebanon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game! Just putting that out there up front...

Last night, my son and I played with Pirates and Gangsters (he chose them randomly, but I suspect some bias selection). I went pretty easy on him (which is only fair, as I know the game way better than he does), but there was only one moment where he had to beg me to not play a particular action. He only attacked me a few times, and I actually had the right defense card all but one of those times. I also neglected the Blueprint deck entirely, partially as an experiment and partially to not totally run away with an insane point spread.

He only lost by about 20 points, but the thing he loved the most was being creative about building his park. He was actually imagining the rides with the themes, and it enhanced his playing experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Beutel

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
Thanks for sharing! This is one game I'm looking forward to playing with my son as well. He just turned 5.. I'm curious, at what age did your son start grasping the more complex/advanced nuances of board gaming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
United States
Lebanon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we've been slowly introducing concepts since he was 5. I started showing him how deckbuilders work then, and he's getting pretty good at Legendary. So now we're working on resource management, which also ties in to teaching him about money and finances (which I waited to introduce until he was pretty well along in math). Long-term strategy is the next idea we'll talk about. The most important part for us is him having fun - I'll also have to remind him that I've been playing a lot longer than him, so naturally I have an advantage.
Draco1219 wrote:
Thanks for sharing! This is one game I'm looking forward to playing with my son as well. He just turned 5.. I'm curious, at what age did your son start grasping the more complex/advanced nuances of board gaming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.